390x Buy

Flavian

I'm dead set on either the Powercolor Devil 390X or the Sapphire 390X tri X oc

Am I rolling the dice on the Devil? Or is the Sapphire (which I can get cheaper than the Devil) the better of the two?

The hybrid design of the Devil looks really iffy to me. Thoughts?

One time I flipped that pretty red switch on the back of the power supply...

Sapphire is the best manufacturer of amd cards (at least in my opinion)

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

The Sapphire is an excellent card.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Sapphire is great, and it's better than normal Powercolor cards, but Devil would probably be better. It's watercooled and would run considerably cooler so you've got more headroom for overclock

Provided it's not significantly more expensive, get the Devil, if it is, get Sapphire, both are excellent choices

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

although Sapphire is the AMD king, i would get devil in this case because of watercooling (if the price isn't an issue)

I can get the Sapphire about $40 cheaper is my main issue choosing. Are the thermals really that brutal? I'm running a 590 ATM so the temps shouldn't be that different?

im running the 390x from msi at the moment and their twin Frozr cooling design does well at cooling it and doesnt reach any higher than 70 degrees in flagship games so... it is a hot card, i would be more intrigued by the sapphire card due to its cheaper price and the cooling does still look very sufficient on that card. 

I appreciate it guys, I'm going to try the Sapphire, it's already going to run cooler than what I have currently and the price is great. I'll probably apply some arctic silver as soon as I get it.

Also this is going to be my first red team card in the 15 years I've been building. Let's see how this goes ;D

I appreciate it guys, I'm going to try the Sapphire, it's already going to run cooler than what I have currently and the price is great. I'll probably apply some arctic silver as soon as I get it.

Also this is going to be my first red team card in the 15 years I've been building. Let's see how this goes ;D

I have Sapphire 390

it's sitting around 60-64°C when heavy gaming