CPU waterblock Installation

Go to solution Solved by Naeaes,

Just use the backplane and don't screw it to the case. That's how waterblocks and all other coolers are mounted. The mobo can easily take it and this is probably the only case in existence with even the option to mount the cooler to the case itself.

Ok, so I have a EVGA Hadron Hydro and a ASUS z170i pro gaming motherboard, everything fits just perfectly, except that once installed I noticed the placement of the holes for the CPU cooler are different between the motherboard and the case.As far as I can see I have a couple of options; drill new holes and mount it that way, install the CPU cooler around the motherboard without the CPU mounting screws going through the case or get a new motherboard.

I was wondering whether the motherboard would support the stresses (I'm not sure how weak or strong a motherboard is) or whether these screws must be attached to the case as not to break the motherboard.I would very much prefer if I could just mount the cooler without the screws going through the case as this is the easier of the options but i want advice before I go ahead with this idea.

The water cooler I'm using is the one that comes with the Hadron Hydro and has a back piece if this helps.

I'd like any advice people can led especially from those who have come across this before.

Just use the backplane and don't screw it to the case. That's how waterblocks and all other coolers are mounted. The mobo can easily take it and this is probably the only case in existence with even the option to mount the cooler to the case itself.