LiteCoin Mining Response Time for pool host

I currently started litecoin mining and was wondering how long it takes for hashes to be read on the pool website. I am using bfgminer and for the pool website i am using http://give-me-coins.com/ it is only reading 3 khashs/s which is way wrong because my card which is a 7950 should be getting like 600 khash/s at least right? Any help is appriciated and let me know if i might be doing something wrong.

just give it time, the hash rate shown on the website is calculated as an average value of the accepted shares pee the time your miner have been mining of course,,, so over time it will tend to be the same as in your mining software/.

"Also what is a good alternitive"

GUIminer or CGminer

Looking around,

bla bla bla this, meh that!

The pools have no way to read your actual hash rate. Instead they rely on averaging how fast you're able to submit stales over usually a 10 minute period to give a fairly accurate estimate of your hash rate.

After you're miner has been running for 15 minutes it should have a estimate of your hashrate.

What speed is your Miner reporting? If you miner is reporting the same low speed, then it's likely an incorrect setting or config. Check if it's reporting any hardware errors, or a bunch of stale/rejected shares.

I'd recommend trying CGminer as it is the most common, and optimized miner available.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.