Screen/Game Recording Solutions

Hey guys!

I've been wanting to record PC gameplay since I've built my rig but I haven't had money for software licences and didn't want to mess around with free stuff that would have watermarks and whatever else.

I currently have a 2560X1440 screen and a R9 280X paired with a i5-4460. Not too shabby but in some more demanding games I'd rather not take the performance hit. I also have a Laptop with a i5-3337U as the processor and no dedicated graphics.

I was looking at capture card solutions but I have no idea what's good or not, what I want to do is record 1440p @ 60FPS with little to no performance hit if possible. 

I have a flexible budget and could probably shoot for anything under 150 USD so if you guys could recommend software/hardware I would be very greatful! Also any setup guides would be great because I don't know how to setup bitrate/codecs etc.

Thanks!

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

What about OBS?

Elgato sell PCI capture cards though, HD60 i think its called.

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

Can your PC even handle 60fps 1440p if you dont mind me asking?

You should look up elgato

Selling a MSI GTX 550ti in stockholm sweden or looking for free pc parts in Stockholm sweden

at start i was using fraps-i succeded recording bf bad company 2 without lag :D

now im using camtasia studio 8-its kinda big program but its very good and easy to use

give it a try