Chromebook

le_Queso

I have access to a chromebook and my first thought was that it was going to be useless. But, when i started to use i started to liked it. It's a convenient netbook like a tablet with a keyboard.

And so I wanted to know the opinion of chromebooks in this community.

Why do you quote yourself?

The latest Samsung one is brilliant. Amazing battery life and completely silent without a fan whirring away. Basically no configuration to set up either.

I mean, they're not going to be replacing anyone's main computer, but that's not what they're for. Excellent purchase for £229/$249.

The latest Samsung one is brilliant. Amazing battery life and completely silent without a fan whirring away. Basically no configuration to set up either. I mean' date=' they're not going to be replacing anyone's main computer, but that's not what they're for. Excellent purchase for £229/$249. [/quote']

I've seen a couple of 'Help me pick a laptop!' threads on a few other forums and for people like the elderly or low tech savvy people who basically need web surfing they're a great solution :)

If I'm ever going to buy a laptop it will be a chromebook.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I would rather have a ARM based laptop with a modified version on either linux or android ... :) it would be more usefull and more apps

Just like the new ultrabooks with a touchscreen then a Android laptop with a large touchscreen :D

• 3 weeks later...

How about Windows 8 RT Laptop/Tablet devices?

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 (2x SP120 Quiet Edition)  Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz  PSU: Corsair AX850  GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB