recent bitcoin price rise?

So I mined back in February and March on my 7870 (@1260mhz) and made close to 100-120 USD. I was there through the bubble up to 260 USD and through the crash, etc. I quit about 2 weeks after the crash because it made my room hot and I was doing more gaming (for which I turned off the mining) and therefore making less. I just noticed that for the first time since the crash it's hit ~150 USD. what's going on? I'm not going to get back into mining cause the ASIC miners are finally showing up making my GPU kinda worthless, but I was wondering why the sudden price jump in the last month? 

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

You pretty much said it. ASIC miners are popping up and are mining at an exponentially high rate. Unless you have one of those +50GH/s ASIC miners, you won't make a profit. 

I think it's not worth it. I'd rather donate it to charity using folding.

Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz                               DCUII GTX 680                            16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

Sabertooth Z77 ATX                                      WD Caviar Blue 500GB+ 1TB      Corsair Obsidian 750D

Corsair TX850M Watt PSU                            Bad Custom Water Cooling          Samsung 840 Pro SSD

I think it's not worth it. I'd rather donate it to charity using folding.

You pretty much said it. ASIC miners are popping up and are mining at an exponentially high rate. Unless you have one of those +50GH/s ASIC miners, you won't make a profit. 

I understand it's not worth it, I'm just wondering why the price of BTC is rising. it used to only be 100 USD/BTC but now it's almost 150 USD/BTC

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I understand it's not worth it, I'm just wondering why the price of BTC is rising. it used to only be 100 USD/BTC but now it's almost 150 USD/BTC

More widespread adoption of Bitcoin both in terms of use and knowledge of it's existence. Most recently we have Germany officially recognizing it as a private money, we have large meetings in the US with several high level agencies looking for insight and understanding of the digital currency.

It's really a number of things. but the biggest is that it is getting more mainstream and used around the world. There is really no reason for it not to be climbing in price.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

More widespread adoption of Bitcoin both in terms of use and knowledge of it's existence. Most recently we have Germany officially recognizing it as a private money, we have large meetings in the US with several high level agencies looking for insight and understanding of the digital currency.

It's really a number of things. but the biggest is that it is getting more mainstream and used around the world. There is really no reason for it not to be climbing in price.

Also Bitcoin is entering ASIA (China/India)......  potentially millions of new users.

this,,,   this,,,,  and this

Looking around,

bla bla bla this, meh that!