Replacing mouse and keyboard

joemomma22

Finally it's time to upgrade. Currently running razed naga 2014 and death stalker keyboard. I've been wanting to change to a mechanical rgb for a while now, and my mouse started doing the classic naga "mouse stops tracking in games/looks at the floor" so I'll just swap both.

I really like the mmo buttons on the naga so I think I'll be going with the Logitech g600... I'd like the corsair scimitar if that hideous peice of yellow plastic wasn't there at all

Now I'm lost on the keyboard selection. I really love the Logitech g410 atlas except for the tiny echo of the spring that the omron romerg switch leaves behind.

Then there's the corsair k65 rgb but it only comes in my red switches. I'm lookin for brown.

And then there's the new STRAFE, and of course there's no tkl model.

Why can't there be a keyboard that has the software support of Logitech and corsair and I suppose razer (as far as the rgb and macro functions go) but a tkl model with a selection of cherry switches lol.

I would get the corsair k70 I have it with blue switches and I love it you can get the rgb one with brown switches but get the 2016 standard edition here is a link. http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Gaming-Mechanical-Keyboard-CH-9000065-NA/dp/B00N4OBD32/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1451706437&sr=1-1&keywords=corsair+k70+rgb+brown+switches

I got the STRAFE RGB, it has better keycaps and looks alot better IMO.
I also dislike the k70's design and look and general. 
The scroll wheel is useful but uneeded for me and the buttons kindda look trashy.

I got a k70 with browns on sale for boxing day.... no regrets... like the media control knob and coming from a wireless Logitech with no travel time on the keys it is very... very satisfying.

The Black Friday Rig: 

[PCPartPicker part list](https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/QyvH8K)
:----|:----|:----
**CPU** | [Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor] | $280.00 
**CPU Cooler** | [Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler] | $19.99 
**Motherboard** | [Gigabyte GA-Z170X-GAMING 6 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard] | $175.00 
**Memory** | [Kingston FURY 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory] | $94.99 
**Storage** | [Corsair Force LE 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive] | $85.99 
**Storage** | [Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive] | $64.00 
**Video Card** | [Gigabyte Radeon RX 480 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card] | $319.99 
**Case** | [Corsair Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower Case] | $89.00 
**Power Supply** | [Corsair CXM 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply] | $84.99 
**Operating System** | [Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit]| $109.00 
 | *Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts* |
 | **Total** | **$1322.95**
 | Generated by [PCPartPicker](http://pcpartpicker.com) 2016-11-27 18:34 EST-0500 |

I would get the corsair k70 I have it with blue switches and I love it you can get the rgb one with brown switches but get the 2016 standard edition here is a link. http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Gaming-Mechanical-Keyboard-CH-9000065-NA/dp/B00N4OBD32/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1451706437&sr=1-1&keywords=corsair+k70+rgb+brown+switches

I got the STRAFE RGB, it has better keycaps and looks alot better IMO.

I also dislike the k70's design and look and general. 

The scroll wheel is useful but uneeded for me and the buttons kindda look trashy.

I got a k70 with browns on sale for boxing day.... no regrets... like the media control knob and coming from a wireless Logitech with no travel time on the keys it is very... very satisfying.

The one thing that's missing from everyone here is that I'd prefer a tkl (10 keyless) model otherwise I'm going with the strafe probably

The one thing that's missing from everyone here is that I'd prefer a tkl (10 keyless) model otherwise I'm going with the strafe probably

You will most likely not be dissapointed in a stafe... I was looking into them also but had a good sale on the k 70, so..... tkl will most likley increase the price... cause you know less is more....

The Black Friday Rig: 

**CPU Cooler** | [Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler] | $19.99 
**Motherboard** | [Gigabyte GA-Z170X-GAMING 6 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard] | $175.00 
**Storage** | [Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive] | $64.00 
**Power Supply** | [Corsair CXM 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply] | $84.99 
 | Generated by [PCPartPicker](http://pcpartpicker.com) 2016-11-27 18:34 EST-0500 |

You will most likely not be dissapointed in a stafe... I was looking into them also but had a good sale on the k 70, so..... tkl will most likley increase the price... cause you know less is more....

I don't understand how tkl is more but it does seem to be true. Why would the strafe disappoint? How can you say that having purchased the k70 instead with no strafe experience.

I don't understand how tkl is more but it does seem to be true. Why would the strafe disappoint? How can you say that having purchased the k70 instead with no strafe experience.

I know that is a wierd thing about keyboards, I guess it is more work maybe or something to make a 10 key-less version as they may not be as popular. I just meant that there is no real difference in cherry switchs... they are all quality and awesome to use (coming from a awful kb).  Corsair typically makes good products is all I'm saying....

The Black Friday Rig: 

I know that is a wierd thing about keyboards, I guess it is more work maybe or something to make a 10 key-less version as they may not be as popular. I just meant that there is no real difference in cherry switchs... they are all quality and awesome to use (coming from a awful kb).  Corsair typically makes good products is all I'm saying....

I understand that. The strafe is a corsair product though

Sorry for double posting but just curious if anyone has opinions on mice as well