$100-$200 USD desktop speaker system

BlackSaddle

I recently built a new desktop computer! The soundcard I have on my mobo is Crystal Sound 2 (not sure if this matters). I am looking for a speaker system that I can listen to music on and occassionally watch movies on. I will be putting the system on a desk behind my 3 monitors. I like good bass in my music and although I wouldn't say I'm super picky about my audio quality, I definitely prefer the best sound I can get and am looking for help getting the best sound for the price. I don't know much about home audio systems, but I could talk for days about car audio! Unfortunately they are two different beasts. Can anyone suggest a nice sound system for me? Thank you very much!

Edit - the max I can push my budget is $250 usd

you already have the sound card so it's too late now but for future reference stick to external sound cards or audio interfaces as they will get much less interference, and yes your sound card can affect this decision as the different ports available can affect what speakers are compatible, what connections do you have on the back of your card?

you already have the sound card so it's too late now but for future reference stick to external sound cards or audio interfaces as they will get much less interference, and yes your sound card can affect this decision as the different ports available can affect what speakers are compatible, what connections do you have on the back of your card?

The card came with my motherboard which I got a great deal on. It's an ASUS x99 Pro/USB 3.1. I can try posting a picture of the audio outs.

Got this from their website, a little better picture than if I took it myself.

post-298650-0-35037600-1451673529_thumb.

oh ok i thought you had bought a pci sound card, my mistake. 

it depends on if you'd prefer speakers or studio monitors. as you could grab which ever logitech, edifier, microlabs, set up which fits your budget or there's M-audio AV42, alesis elevate 5, active 320, mackie CR3, CR4.

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

it depends on if you'd prefer speakers or studio monitors. as you could grab which ever logitech, edifier, microlabs, set up which fits your budget or there's M-audio AV42, alesis elevate 5, active 320, mackie CR3, CR4.

I think that's my biggest issue. A ton of options on a topic I know very little about. what would you personally recommend?

i agree with this, and remember that studio monitors will still get a decent low end frequency response but in the future if you feel that they fall short you can add a sub