AMD build not starting. HELP!?

TacoMexicano

This is my first time building a computer, So don't get mad at me! I have plugged everything in and triple checked it and my friend who knows a lot about PCs checked it too. Whenever I try to turn it on though, the front LED and The fans turn on for about half a second then everything turns back off.

These are my components:

Processor: AMD FX 8350

Motherboard: MSI 970 gaming

Power supply: SilverStone Strider plus 750 watts

Graphics card: AMD Radeon R9 380 built by msi

Case: Zalman Z11

HDD: Western digital one terabyte

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250gb

RAM: Kingston Hyperx

CPU cooler ( not installed yet): bequiet! Dark rock 3 (am using stock one though)

As I said, I checked it around three times. I do not know what is happening. I live in Europe if that helps!

Thanks in advance, TacoMexicano

post-298526-0-18038700-1451650230_thumb.

Try switching your ram in different slots and try again.

AMD FX8350 Black OC 4.5ghz--NZXT Kraken X31--ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0--MSI R9 380 4G--Corsair RM750--Corsair 16GB Vengeance

Logitech G300--Roccat ISKU FX--Logitech Z623--HyperX Cloud II

You installed the standoffs correct? If so, then try switching RAM like the post above says

Is the PSU switch on? Also possible dead PSU,

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

the front LED and The fans turn on for about half a second then everything turns back off.

Had this problem on my old pc, get an pencil eraser then rub it on the gold teeth of your ram. If it doesnt work you just got yourself a faulty RAM

Hi happy new year first.

Any post "bip" ?

Try in the simpliest possible mode :

Only the ssd plugged in

Only 1 ram stick plugged

Only mouse + keyboard on usb nothing else.

I wish i could oc my body, during winter overheating would be great.

Try clearing CMOS

01000100 01100001 01110010 01110101 01100100 01100101 00100000 00101101 00100000 01010011 01100001 01101110 01100100 01110011 01110100 01101111 01110010 01101101

Wich slots? :D

Try it with just one stick of RAM in the slot closest to the CPU.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

The second and fourth counting from the left.

AMD FX8350 Black OC 4.5ghz--NZXT Kraken X31--ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0--MSI R9 380 4G--Corsair RM750--Corsair 16GB Vengeance

Not ram slots, get the both of the RAM the take a pencil eraser then rub the gold teeth of the RAM, ONLY the gold parts.

Switching the RAM did noy work. I do not think rubbing ramp with an eraser is a good idea.

Hi happy new year first.

Any post "bip" ?

Only the ssd plugged in

Only 1 ram stick plugged

I wish i could oc my body, during winter overheating would be great.

Switching the RAM did noy work. I do not think rubbing ramp with an eraser is a good idea.

It's possible you bought a faulty Motherboard or faulty RAM. Try sticking the RAM in a different PC and see if they work.

when my Computer behave like that i have to take my computers power plug out, and wait for 1 min before plugin it in again, and while it is not plug in i also have to take the little Battery out. when i plug every thing in again, it typical post,   

when my Computer behave like that i have to take my computers power plug out, and wait for 1 min before plugin it in again, and while it is not plug in i also have to take the little Battery out. when i plug every thing in again, it typical post, 

does you get any error message ? if remember  right there is an little LED on the motherboard, see if it show anything, if it does, write those down the should hold the answer, or maybe switch BIOS    

does you get any error message ? if remember  right there is an little LED on the motherboard, see if it show anything, if it does, write those down the should hold the answer, or maybe switch BIOS    

Hi happy new year first.

Any post "bip" ?

Only the ssd plugged in

Only 1 ram stick plugged

How would that help exactly?

How would that help exactly?

It minimises the chance of any faulty components stopping it from booting.

I cleaned ram with an eraser. Did not help.

And it shouldn't have helped.  That was one of the stupidest suggestions I've seen in a while.  There is no reason on earth you'd need to do that to a new stick of RAM, hell you should never even have to do that to a used stick unless it was stored outside or in a cave.

Double check all of your connections, and try to boot with minimal hardware as suggested before.  Pull all the RAM but one stick and try to boot.  If that doesn't work swap that stick out for another and try again.  If still no luck try removing the GPU and see if it will make it through the boot process without shutting down. 

Also make sure you have the 8-pin CPU power connector plugged up.  In the picture I don't see any cables going in that direction.

And it shouldn't have helped. That was one of the stupidest suggestions I've seen in a while. There is no reason on earth you'd need to do that to a new stick of RAM, hell you should never even have to do that to a used stick unless it was stored outside or in a cave.

Double check all of your connections, and try to boot with minimal hardware as suggested before. Pull all the RAM but one stick and try to boot. If that doesn't work swap that stick out for another and try again. If still no luck try removing the GPU and see if it will make it through the boot process without shutting down.

Also make sure you have the 8-pin CPU power connector plugged up. In the picture I don't see any cables going in that direction.

Thank you very much. That is probably the problem. What is confusing though, is that the fans and leds were running twice after I had pressed the start button. After I turned it off though. The same problem happened. I will check later.