Good speakers for my computer setup?

Alexandrovichenn

Basicly title,mand it's for listening to music so not just crappy duel speakers you find at school :P

What's your budget?

What's the size limit to these speakers? i.e. how much room do you have on your desk, or are you going to get speaker stands?

Do you have an amp? 

I quite like the Logitech 5.1's (most models)

Not too expensive and sound great.

They also have a very loud bass (that can be tweaked to your preference)

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | GPU: GTX 1080Ti | Case: Corsair 750D Airflow | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Formula VI | RAM: 16GB Vengeance Pro | PSU: Corsair AX860

SSD/HDD(s): SAMSUNG 850 EVO 120GB, SAMSUNG PM830 256GB, SEAGATE 6TB | Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc AD-5280S CB-PLUS

What's your budget?

What's the size limit to these speakers? i.e. how much room do you have on your desk, or are you going to get speaker stands?

Do you have an amp?

Sorry I was out but I'm using an uplift desk max size and no amp.

What's your budget?

Do you have an amp?

500$ usd

The 5.1 Logitech and corsair look great just wanna know my options but that's definitely what I was after

Definitely http://www.amazon.com/JBL-LSR308-14331-Pro-LSR308-PAIR/dp/B00JZT20U0

Heck of a good sale going on right now too. These speakers are great.

What do you think about JBL LSR305s with a subwoofer? JBL LSR310S would bring it out of his price range by $150, so I don't know what other subwoofer would be good.

hey, just a note to think about is some of the high quality PC speaker set up either require or at least recommend a good sound card.

No Excuses, Play Like A Champion!!!  

I have the Logitech z623. Very nice sound quality!

AMD FX8350 Black OC 4.5ghz--NZXT Kraken X31--ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0--MSI R9 380 4G--Corsair RM750--Corsair 16GB Vengeance

Logitech G300--Roccat ISKU FX--Logitech Z623--HyperX Cloud II

hey, just a note to think about is some of the high quality PC speaker set up either require or at least recommend a good sound card.

With the JBL 2.1 mixing speakers you wouldn't need one as long as your MOBO onboard sound isn't complete garbage, most MOBO now days especially if they are a gaming class one usually have pretty decent sound.

What do you think about JBL LSR305s with a subwoofer? JBL LSR310S would bring it out of his price range by $150, so I don't know what other subwoofer would be good.

The 5s would be ok, I like 8s better though.... I bet the 5s still sound great and probably are still pretty dang loud. I have my 8s set halfway and the volume of the PC never turned up more than about 60% so there is still plenty to push. I honestly think the 8s alone would do him or the 5s if he likes the price better, they have pretty good tuned bass. The sub is something he could always add on later as the money flows in.

The most important thing between the LSR305 or LSR308 is space. Look up the dimensions of both and compare those dimensions to the free space you have on your desk to see if you have room for the relatively massive 308s. 

With the JBL 2.1 mixing speakers you wouldn't need one as long as your MOBO onboard sound isn't complete garbage, most MOBO now days especially if they are a gaming class one usually have pretty decent sound.

The 5s would be ok, I like 8s better though.... I bet the 5s still sound great and probably are still pretty dang loud. I have my 8s set halfway and the volume of the PC never turned up more than about 60% so there is still plenty to push. I honestly think the 8s alone would do him or the 5s if he likes the price better, they have pretty good tuned bass. The sub is something he could always add on later as the money flows in.

Okay, so the 8s without subs are more than satisfactory. I've heard that since smaller woofers are generally better than larger woofers in the midrange and high frequencies, 5" monitors with a sub is better than 8" monitors with a sub. Not sure if this is true, though. 

well-tuned bass, not good tuned bass. Since "tune" is a verb, you need to use an adverb with it, and "well" is the adverb form of the adjective "good." Since "well" and "tuned" combine to function as an adjective, you can hyphenate them for a clearer meaning.

The most important thing between the LSR305 or LSR308 is space. Look up the dimensions of both and compare those dimensions to the free space you have on your desk to see if you have room for the relatively massive 308s. 

Okay, so the 8s without subs are more than satisfactory. I've heard that since smaller woofers are generally better than larger woofers in the midrange and high frequencies, 5" monitors with a sub is better than 8" monitors with a sub. Not sure if this is true, though. 

well-tuned bass, not good tuned bass. Since "tune" is a verb, you need to use an adverb with it, and "well" is the adverb form of the adjective "good." Since "well" and "tuned" combine to function as an adjective, you can hyphenate them for a clearer meaning.

I would take living space into account too and neighbors. Lol... I think anybody picking up a set of any of the JBLs would be quite pleased with what they get. On one system I run straight out the motherboard, no complaints on the sound. On the other I run with a short set of TRS cables straight from an audio interface. 

Thanks for the laugh correcting my grammar, that was actually quite comical. I usually go back and edit post about 5 times for typos. I'm always doing 5 things at once when I am on here. 

gallery_261450_3639_3598647.jpeg

gallery_261450_3639_9209.jpg

System : I7-6700K EK-Supremacy. . Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH . 16GB Kingston HyperX predator ddr4. Evga Supernova 750 G2. Samsung 850 250gb. Samsung 840 250gb.

Evga GTX780 Classified EK-780 Classy . NZXT H440 White. Alphacool ST30 240. HW Labs SR-1 360. Alphacool D5 vario. aquacomputer D5 pump/res combo  . logi G502. CM Quick fire blue.  Dell U2515H.