Graphics card problem (blue lines)

Diablola

Hey guys, Im not really sure what to do. I was about to go to sleep, when i went into my game to check something when my gpu fan started going to about 100% (for about 2-3 secounds), then the screen froze, and then it went black.. i restarted my pc only to find that now i have issues with my gpu. I was running game bots on 4 vmware windows xp machines in the background.
Now i dont know what i am even dealing with.. I tryed reinstalling nvidia drivers, doing clean installs and even removing the actual graphics card, then booting, then putting it back in and booting, it didnt help.
Now i have blue lines over my screen when i put my hdmi cable in my graphics card. When i plug it in my motherboard its all fine. Blue lines only appear on black background..

My specs:
i7-4770k

16 gb ram
Evga gtx 780 ti SC
860w corsair psu

1tb hdd+ 256 gb ssd+ 512gb ssd

I have attached a picture of what my background looks like when I boot, and i get an error from EVGA precision x16 that it cant find supported hardware (my graphics card).

Please help me , because I've never had this problem before, and im not sure how to deal with it..
I read somewhere that it could be that vram is defect, and that it cannot be fixed , but I would have to buy a new gpu...
Any help is welcome. Thanks upfront.

post-298321-0-09539000-1451530871_thumb.

Hey guys, Im not really sure what to do. I was about to go to sleep, when i went into my game to check something when my gpu fan started going to about 100% (for about 2-3 secounds), then the screen froze, and then it went black.. i restarted my pc only to find that now i have issues with my gpu. I was running game bots on 4 vmware windows xp machines in the background.

Now i dont know what i am even dealing with.. I tryed reinstalling nvidia drivers, doing clean installs and even removing the actual graphics card, then booting, then putting it back in and booting, it didnt help.

Now i have blue lines over my screen when i put my hdmi cable in my graphics card. When i plug it in my motherboard its all fine. Blue lines only appear on black background..

My specs:

i7-4770k

16 gb ram

Evga gtx 780 ti SC

860w corsair psu

I have attached a picture of what my background looks like when I boot, and i get an error from EVGA precision x16 that it cant find supported hardware (my graphics card).

Please help me , because I've never had this problem before, and im not sure how to deal with it..

I read somewhere that it could be that vram is defect, and that it cannot be fixed , but I would have to buy a new gpu...

Your graphics card seems to be broken in some way. Maybe RMA it?

Tokyo Sunshine:Corsair 750d case with custom lighting, Asus ROG Maximus VIII Z170, Intel i5-6600 processor, 16gb HyperX Fury DDR4 RAM, MSI r9 270x 4gb@ 1300mhz mem clock, Sandisk Ultra II SSD 256gb, 2x 1tb HDD

I'm assuming you've had that gpu for awhile, so it would be weird for you to artifact that hard randomly.

Have you tried a dif. cable?

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

My specs:

i7-4770k

16 gb ram

Evga gtx 780 ti SC

860w corsair psu

is your gpu overclocked?

Since its from EVGA

odds are you wont have to buy a new GPU.

Go into Device manager, disable and re enable the GU in Display Adapters

Make sure the GPU has NO overclock on it, and make sure the voltage is set to stock

is your gpu overclocked?

factory superclocked, yes.

Have you tried another display output on the card? Like DVI?

just tryed it, same results.

Could it had've happened from running too greedy vmware apps? It happened in middle of my trying to run a game while running 4 virtual windows xp's..?

• 2 months later...

Ended up submitting it for RMA, and recieved a new one.

EDIT: Forgot about this thread, but the new one I got fried somehow too. It I sent it back again and my 780 ti was replaced with 980 :) thanks for the upgrade EVGA!

Edited by Diablola
I hate unfinished threads.