Will everything work?

Go to solution Solved by wyattzx,

Yeah, if you're only upgrading the motherboard and CPU, you'll be just fine! 

Hi :)

Ive been into PC Gaming for a long time and i think its time i upgrade my current PC to a new one. I am ok with keeping my Power Supply, RAM, and Graphics Card. Im going to be getting a new Motherboard and CPU and i would like to know if the Power Supply Pins would work for my Motherboard etc. I wanted to look this up myself but the PCPartPicker website does not have my Power Supply listed for some reason. Here is the build im going for:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (Using the provided fan) 

Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

RAM: HyperX 2x4G (8G total)

GPU: MSI R7 260X

Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: COOLERMASTER ELITE 500 PC POWER SUPPLY 500W : Model RS500-PSAPJ3

I don't see why it wouldn't. 

I would upgrade that GPU & PSU soon however, you're most likely creating some form of bottleneck with that 260x

I don't see why it wouldn't. 

I would upgrade that GPU & PSU soon however, you're most likely creating some form of bottleneck with that 260x

I was just wondering if the power supply pins would work with the motherboard. My friend told me that some motherboards have different pins and that i should find out if everything works before buying anything.

I was just wondering if the power supply pins would work with the motherboard. My friend told me that some motherboards have different pins and that i should find out if everything works before buying anything.

Better safe than sorry is always the way to go, so you're fine! Your power cable for the motherboard is a 20+4 pin, which means it will work just fine. Your CPU power is 4+4, so that's fine too. It just looks like you only have a single 6-pin PCI-E power cable, so if you decide to upgrade to a better GPU, you'll need a new power supply. For now though? You're just fine!

Better safe than sorry is always the way to go, so you're fine! Your power cable for the motherboard is a 20+4 pin, which means it will work just fine. Your CPU power is 4+4, so that's fine too. It just looks like you only have a single 6-pin PCI-E power cable, so if you decide to upgrade to a better GPU, you'll need a new power supply. For now though? You're just fine!

Awesome, Thanks! :)

Awesome, Thanks! :)

Don't forget to mark threads as answered with the button at the bottom-right of posts!