Best headphones for all genres under £90

bart69132

Im looking to buy a new pair of headphones as ive been using Sony MDR-ZX300 on-ear headphones for nearly 3 years now, they served me well bit there isnt even the cover that holds the foam anymore.

Budget: £50-£90

Use: Music (Trap/electro/dubstep mostly)

Closed or Open back?: I want them to be closed back

I want them to be comfortable for 4-6 hours of use at a time, i have a medium/small sized head in case that info helps. I want decent sound quality for low-mid and high ends as i listen to alot of genres.

Please leave any suggestions i can get, so far ive looked at the Brainwavz MH5 but they are too bassy from what the reviews are saying considering the music i mostly listen to, also the hd 518's are on sale on amazon for £49 but they are open back and also the m50x are another choice.

post-294608-0-88571600-1451497957_thumb.

Either the ATH-M40X or their larger brother the M50Xs. Both are under £90 at this point in time on Amazon, and are accurate and slightly bass-heavy in my opinion (I own a pair), which is perfect for any electronic music, whether it be Trap as you've suggested or other genres. Something else like the Sennheiser HD 380 Pros wouldn't go amiss either. People have commented that the bass is tight as well as the highs, even though they are older than both the Audio-Technica models.

Either the ATH-M40X or their larger brother the M50Xs. Both are under £90 at this point in time on Amazon, and are accurate and slightly bass-heavy in my opinion (I own a pair), which is perfect for any electronic music, whether it be Trap as you've suggested or other genres. Something else like the Sennheiser HD 380 Pros wouldn't go amiss either. People have commented that the bass is tight as well as the highs, even though they are older than both the Audio-Technica models.

Thanks for the reply. I was really considering getting the m50x's but a friend of mine has the dt770 pro 32ohm he said i should just save up for them, they cost £117 and i was wondering if it was worth my while saving a little more for these, would you say they are worth paying an extra £25 for or will i even notice a big difference, if at all?

DT-770. Grado SR80i.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Thanks for the reply. I was really considering getting the m50x's but a friend of mine has the dt770 pro 32ohm he said i should just save up for them, they cost £117 and i was wondering if it was worth my while saving a little more for these, would you say they are worth paying an extra £25 for or will i even notice a big difference, if at all?

It's down to what you want at the end of the day, I doubt you'll notice a difference.

If you want to get them now, then go get the M50Xs. If you want to wait and instead get the DT770s, then go get them. 

Note that the M50Xs are much more portable that the 770s, as they fold up, so if it's portability you're after then there's another tick for the Technicas.

Get the ATH-M50X or if you can go up a little in price the Fostex T50RP MK3 are amazing for the price, they're well balanced and the special driver they use is somehow able to play a lot of sounds at once since they're so fast, try playing music and play a youtube video at the same time, my HD650's just nopes a little and makes the music sound quite bad when I do that.

I haven't tried the M50X's but their rep says it all, they're worth the price just as the T50RP MK3, wish I could personally compare them.

It's Oculus time! B)