16:9 vs 21:9

jboysimz

My question comes in two parts:

1. I am in need of a monitor preferably under $200. So suggestions would be great.

Most of what i do is audio production, and light gaming.

2. 21:9 vs 16:9?

Like i said, i do mostly audio production so i feel like the extra horizontal real-estate a 21:9 would offer would be great for long strips of audio when working in various DAWs.

but i feel like for my price range i cant find any monitors over 27 inches and I'm wondering if 16:9 would be better for the vertical real-estate.

I don't really know! thats why Im here on Linus Tech Tips!

Any help would be great and I've done some research on my own but i wanted to see your opinions without any suggestions on my part.

I personally use a 21:9 monitor and it's pretty handy in terms of productivity in comparison to my regular old 16:9. The monitor is a 25" ultrawide from LG (LG 25UM57), but it goes for just about 200, but you can usually find it for less.

As far as vertical real-estate goes, in my opinion, it's not as useful as the extra horizontal space.

Don't be fooled by the bottom line of my sig, that is just for my travels.

So you're telling me that Gaben is no God? Enough of your foolishness.

My hardware you ask? I'm using a Dell Inspiron 3217 Notebook... With an LG 25UM57.

Tha'ts the one I use and can say it has no problems. No backlight bleed or dead pixels, but not that great for viewing black

My hardware you ask? I'm using a Dell Inspiron 3217 Notebook... With an LG 25UM57.

21:9 in a 25" screen... not worth it. Its gonna be tiny on the desk its only 15" tall including the stand...

I was just pointing out that there was one under $200 from a trusted brand.

21:9 in a 25" screen... not worth it. Its gonna be tiny on the desk its only 15" tall including the stand.

It's honestly not as bad as you're making it out to be

How about considering i might expand eventually to add a second monitor (of the same one id buy now)? would that change any of your responses?