Which laptop

Butter1484

I had posted yesterday about a laptop and based on replies I decided not to go for that one. However, I have now found what seem to be 2 decent laptops and want some opinions on which I should get. The laptops are 

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-i7559-763BLK-Full-HD-GeForce/dp/B015PYYDMQ

and

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-15-6-inch-Professional-Bluetooth/dp/B017NLIJWE

I am looking to mainly use it for school and work, but would like to be able to do a bit of gaming on the go or in bed. I may also use it to edit video if I am unable to use my desktop at the time.

The one with the i5.  It's a quad core i5, it has a much better GPU, and a better display.  Plus, it has an SSD.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

The one with the i5.  It's a quad core i5, it has a much better GPU, and a better display.  Plus, it has an SSD.

If I go with that one I was planning on actually swapping in a higher capacity hybrid drive for the SSD. Still worth it then with the additional cost for the other drive?

If I go with that one I was planning on actually swapping in a higher capacity hybrid drive for the SSD. Still worth it then with the additional cost for the other drive?

SSD is still miles faster but for $800, it's a great deal.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

SSD is still miles faster but for $800, it's a great deal.

Still better than a plain old HDD. It wouldn't be going to waste though. I would put the SSD in my desktop either as an extra drive or use it in RAID with my boot drive.

I think you can fit a laptop hdd inside that dell with the ssd installed. Isn't the ssd msata/m.2?

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

I think you can fit a laptop hdd inside that dell with the ssd installed. Isn't the ssd msata/m.2?

Good catch! Didn't see that listed on Amazon but further research shows this to be the case. Looks like there's a connector for a normal drive though, so we're good there, but I guess I won't be using it in my desktop as I don't have M.2