looking for a good thing to start recording youtube videos. Suggestions?

Cvdasfg

I am looking for a camera to start to record youtube videos on. I have a nikon d3100 but I've found that when i record videos the focus very quickly goes badly. Any suggestions on a camera that if im moving around a little will be able to auto focus?

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

I am looking for a camera to start to record youtube videos on. I have a nikon d3100 but I've found that when i record videos the focus very quickly goes badly. Any suggestions on a camera that if im moving around a little will be able to auto focus?

For this, the best option is a camcorder.  DSLR AF and Image Stabilization is optimized for still image photography.  Not for continuous moving images (video).

I posted some videos showing how photography IS and video IS work differently.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/508997-image-stabilization-photo-camera-vs-video-camera/

As for Autofocus, you have to ask yourself: How does the camera know what you want to keep in the focus plane if your subject is moving around?  What does it track?

That's why Hollywood cinematographers use manual or electronic follow focus systems and they pre measure every scene.  If a person is going to walk into the room, they mark off when that person is going to enter and where that person will stop.  Everything is timed and measured.  Additionally they don't do "selfie" videos, there is always someone else operating the camera and focusing system or have multiple people operating the camera with each person doing a different task (one person to operate the steadicam system, one person to do the zoom and focus, etc.).

What you can do if you don't have someone else to operate the camera and you are filming yourself with a bit of movement: step down the aperture and increase the DOF.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

For this, the best option is a camcorder.  DSLR AF and Image Stabilization is optimized for still image photography.  Not for continuous moving images (video).

I posted some videos showing how photography IS and video IS work differently.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/508997-image-stabilization-photo-camera-vs-video-camera/

As for Autofocus, you have to ask yourself: How does the camera know what you want to keep in the focus plane if your subject is moving around?  What does it track?

That's why Hollywood cinematographers use manual or electronic follow focus systems and they pre measure every scene.  If a person is going to walk into the room, they mark off when that person is going to enter and where that person will stop.  Everything is timed and measured.  Additionally they don't do "selfie" videos, there is always someone else operating the camera and focusing system or have multiple people operating the camera with each person doing a different task (one person to operate the steadicam system, one person to do the zoom and focus, etc.).

What you can do if you don't have someone else to operate the camera and you are filming yourself with a bit of movement: step down the aperture and increase the DOF.

In that case any suggestions on a good camcorder? I wont be moving a ton. More of a vlogging or tutorial type movement. 

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

Canon, Panasonic, Sony all make nice camcorders.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer