Win10 Memory Leak

SpenceKP

I'm experiencing a severe memory leak in which within an hour of being on my computer is using up 99% of my memory and I cannot seem to determine the source. The only devices I have recently begun using with my computer are a second monitor, a HyperX Cloud Headset, a Steam Controller, and a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Flight Stick.

post-278443-0-98194800-1451162729.pngpost-278443-0-51444300-1451162730.pngpost-278443-0-10564300-1451162731.pngpost-278443-0-54035100-1451162731.png

@SpenceKP

I bet its that AMD Raptr App, please disable reboot and see if it disappears. I used that app with my 280X and it took me a while to work out where my memory was going

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

@SpenceKP

I bet its that AMD Raptr App, please disable reboot and see if it disappears. I used that app with my 280X and it took me a while to work out where my memory was going

I've never had problems with it before but ill disable it opening on startup and see if that changes anything.

@SpenceKP

So far so good, sitting at a normal 13% usage right now, Im gonna see how it does for the next 10 minutes or so and then I'm going to launch Raptr and see what happens then, if it turns out the Raptr was the problem I know for a fact I'm uninstalling it and likely never touching it again. 

@SpenceKP

So far so good, sitting at a normal 13% usage right now, Im gonna see how it does for the next 10 minutes or so and then I'm going to launch Raptr and see what happens then, if it turns out the Raptr was the problem I know for a fact I'm uninstalling it and likely never touching it again. 

Yep I believe it was Raptr, so far I've only gone up to 16% but that's because I opened a few tabs of Chrome, now that I think about it I recall recently reenabling the option in Raptr to allow me to save highlights from my gameplay, more likely than not that had something to do with the problem. Thank you for the help. :)

Yep I believe it was Raptr, so far I've only gone up to 16% but that's because I opened a few tabs of Chrome, now that I think about it I recall recently reenabling the option in Raptr to allow me to save highlights from my gameplay, more likely than not that had something to do with the problem. Thank you for the help. :)

No problem :)

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P