Which camera is better?

YT2002

So I am looking for a new camera. My intention for it is to take videos and photos, as I am starting to get into photography. My 2 options I have narrowed it down to is the Panasonic Lumix G7 http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1208931-REG/panasonic_lumix_dmc_g7_mirrorless_micro.html or the Canon T5i (700D) http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?N=11171562&InitialSearch=yes&sts=pi

Both cameras come with microphones, but the T5i is $100 more. Here is what I found about the differences.

T5i: It will give me more flexibility in terms of lenses. I presume it takes better Photos. It is a DSLR, not mirrorless, so a better viewfinder. Max resolution is 1080p, which my computer can handle for editing

G7: Records 4K video, but Micro-Four thirds sensor, not as many lenses and my computer can't handle editing 4K content.

So should I go with the G7, even though I can't edit at 4K? Is there anything else I should know? Is 1080p going to be irrelevant in a few years?

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

For photos, I'd recommend a Nikon D5200 (a freakin' beast at the same price point as you need). However, video from it is potato. I'd say the 5i if you are comfortable installing Magic Lantern for RAW video and such. G7 for the 100mbps 4k (seems really good for the price). You can get an adapter to use practically any lens with the MFT mount.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

"Better camera" is such a subjective phrase.  What kind of videos do you want to record?

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

"Better camera" is such a subjective phrase.  What kind of videos do you want to record?

Youtube videos in a set and in motion with B-Roll

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

For photos, I'd recommend a Nikon D5200 (a freakin' beast at the same price point as you need). However, video from it is potato. I'd say the 5i if you are comfortable installing Magic Lantern for RAW video and such. G7 for the 100mbps 4k (seems really good for the price). You can get an adapter to use practically any lens with the MFT mount.

Im not going to record RAW. Should I get the G7 instead, even though I can't edit 4K and will be recording at 1080p?