Smaller PSU Help

Merry Christmas Forum Goers!

I recently put my build into a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX, due to wanting a small but powerful build that I would be able to transport easier. The case is great and I love the new smaller build, but I feel like I want to go smaller. I like the challenge of building in a more confined space and love the results of having a small powerhouse I can easily take to LANs or friend's places.

I am thinking of now moving to the Silverstone SG-13 Mini ITX Case. However, my PSU the EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W is going to be too long to make building in this system easy. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a smaller PSU (I don't know if I need SFX or if a normal length will do) that could comfortably power my system?

Thanks

Slippy

Specs:

• CPU
    Intel i7-4790K @ Stock
  • Motherboard
    MSI Z97I AC
  • RAM
    16GB (2x8GB) HyperX Fury @ 1866Mhz
  • GPU
    Gigabyte Windforce 3X GTX 780 Ti
  • Case
    Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX
  • Storage
    500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
  • PSU
    EVGA 750W SuperNOVA G2
  • Display(s)
    Asus VG248QE
  • Cooling
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

XFX XTR/Pro Black Edition

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

EVGA GS

Out of interest what are the advantages of this, other than obviously its size, over the supernova G2 or G1 series?

Out of interest what are the advantages of this, other than obviously its size, over the supernova G2 or G1 series?

It's as good as the G2 internally but is very, very small. The G1 is "meh" on a good day

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

It's as good as the G2 internally but is very, very small. The G1 is "meh" on a good day

Thanks for the quick response :)

I think I will go for the GS then. 

I am thinking of going with this: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/650w-evga-supernova-gs-fully-modular-80-plus-gold-54a-single-rail-sli-crossfirex-support-whisper-qui

I do have two questions though. 1. Will 650W be enough (Pretty confident it is but just checking) 2. Does the whisper quiet claim actually have an effect in real life, is it actually nice and quiet?

Thanks 

Slippy

Thanks for the quick response :)

I think I will go for the GS then. 

I am thinking of going with this: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/650w-evga-supernova-gs-fully-modular-80-plus-gold-54a-single-rail-sli-crossfirex-support-whisper-qui

I do have two questions though. 1. Will 650W be enough (Pretty confident it is but just checking) 2. Does the whisper quiet claim actually have an effect in real life, is it actually nice and quiet?

Thanks 

Slippy

Yes, it's plenty of wattage and yes, it's whisper quiet. I own the 550W version and, although my system uses very little power. At 25% the ECO mode adjusts it so that the fan actually comes on.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||