Would SLI'ing my video cards fix my issue?

Trielice

Hey,

I hope someone can help or guide me in the right direction.

I have recently made a new youtube channel and i would also like to start twitch streaming.

But when i record in games like Ark Survival that take a lot of power to run under any amount of decent setting.

My audio gets all choppy and laggy. And my cpu is Always at 100% when recording.

So my question is.. would adding another video card and making my system SLI help this issue?  or is my cpu just not strong enough to encode and play at the same time? I know making a streaming pc with an encoder is idea but dont have the budget for this. as i am currently jobless.

What would be the cheapest and easiest solution?

My Rig,

I5 4690k turbo'd at 4.0 ghz

Msi gaming 5 mobo (Nothing but a horrible piece of junk imo so many problems)

16gb crutial ram

Zotac GTX 760 2gb gpu

samsung 850 evo ssd (os + Xsplit recording software, installed on this)

1tb seagate hdd (game installed here)

If your CPU is at 100% GPU's won't change anything.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I would probably straight up upgrade it, as since that gfx is sorta getting old, and its loud as hell (idk how you live with that), I would upgrade to a 960/970.

You shouldn't be having recording issues though, as I can record fine with a 6500 and a 750TI.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

-snip-

If you're recording, try Nvidia's Shadowplay. It should take the load off the CPU and put it on the GPU and the GPU will encode.

You could even try using Intel Quick Sync.

If you're recording, try Nvidia's Shadowplay. It should take the load off the CPU and put it on the GPU and the GPU will encode.

You could even try using Intel Quick Sync.

Hey,

I tried shadowplay. And it seems to be fine. But i really enjoy Xsplit. I turned xsplit to h.264 encoding..same as shadowplay and it seems to take a bit of the load off the cpu.. but i still get a crackling in my audio that i dont get when i record the desktop...   anyone know what may be happening?