Deskamp w. Multiple outs?

joemomma22

I've been using a splitter for a while to go from mobo to headphones and speakers then just keeping my speakers muted until I had someone else in the room with me. Well the splitter crapped out on me and I've been wanting to get a desk amp anyway for my hd598s. Is there a good affordable nice looking desk amp that can switch between 2 outputs without swapping the plugs constantly?

A while ago i was looking for something similar that didn't cost as mush as a car. Something with preferably 2 volume knobs (1 for each output) , and various inputs.

I came across the audiotrak dr.dac3 which looks like it could be good but not 100% of what I'm looking for.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

What kind of speakers are you using? If they're powered pretty much any headphone amp that also has a pre-out would do what you want. 

Main Rig:  CPU i5-4670k   MOBO Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI   GPU GTX 980ti    RAM 8GB  STORAGE 128GB ADATA(OS)/250GB Samsung 850 EVO(APPS)/3TB WD Red

AUDIO: AMP/DAC TEAC AI-301DA SPEAKERS: Cambridge Audio SX50 Phones: Philips Fidelio X1

Just the average run of the mill auxiliary 3.5mm speakers. Yeah I don't need 2 volume controls or anything I just want to be able to toggle between the 2 outputs so when people are over I can turn the speakers on instead of my headphones.

You can get any USB amp+dac that has a power button, or other easy way to turn it off.  Then plug the speakers into the motherboard.  When you turn off the headphone dac then the Windows default sound will change and start playing through speakers.  I probalby didn't explain it well, but here's a video of a guy doing exacty that with the Micca Origen https://youtu.be/yxoU-oA6Z_c?t=567