How about the upgrades?

Mikealongo

I need to spend (need becaus if i dont spend it, i will lose it) 191€

my pc specs right now are:

-CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 3,4GHz
-Motherboard: ECS H77H2-EM
-RAM: 16 GB DDR3-SDRAM
-GPU: GTX 980 Strix
-Storage: 120 SSD Plus Sanddisk + Seagate Barracuda Green ST1500DL003 1.5TB 5900 6.0Gb/s
-PSU: Cougar Power 700W model number: CGR B2-700
-Display(s): Samsung S22C300
-Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow
-Mouse: Logitech G600
-Sound: Logitech z506
-Operating System: Windows 10

I ask in other topic about upgrading PSU, buying a new SSD and upgrading my actual case.

Im thinking right now on buyin the PSU with the 191€ and the Case with my own money, and wait to the 19th of january (my birthday) to get the SSD)

I will go part by part:

-PSU:

Now im using: Cougar Power 700W model number: CGR B2-700 that comes with my prebuilt gaming PC.
One thing that worries me about is that when i upgraded my GPU to the 980 strix some of you tell me to change my PSU because is really bad you said, and its true that it have 2 12 v rails instead of one:
+12V1 30A
Combined 648W
+12V2 30A

The option to upgrade is the EVGA G2 850W (165 € on Amazon)

The question is: What beneffits i will notice if i upgrade it?

Is it Worth it?

-Buy another SSD:

Im now using a Seagate Barracuda Green ST1500DL003 1.5TB 5900 6.0Gb/s where i have my steam collection (almost full) and some of you suggest me to get another drive (an ssd) (The SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB 147€ on Amazon) to improve the loading time in some games.

The problem is that my motherboard only supports 2 sata 6Gb/s and 3 sata 3Gb/s, some of you told me to change de HDD to the 3Gb/s interface (it shouldnt change his performance) and plug the new SSD on the 6Gb/s one

Again the questions:

Is it worth it?

In fact that two options are the only ones i have to spend the 191€, if you think i can upgrade another part just post it please.

BONUS:

With my money, i can buy another case for my PC:

Now im using this case:

Lenovo-Erazer-X700.jpg

Lenovo-Erazer-X700_panel.jpgLenovo-Erazer-X700_rear.jpg

Lenovo-Erazer-X700_bays.jpgLenovo-Erazer-X700_inside.jpg

And i want to upgrade to the Corsair 760T

I want to upgrade the case no because of the looks, but because:

-It has no window (it have some grilled metal that maybe could help airflow, but doesnt allow to view the components)

-Cable management is horrible (and i think a good cable management is pretty and could help to the airflow)

-The 760T also look really good

Te question is:

Is really worth it?

It will improve my cooling?

Thanks to all of you guys and help me choosing the right options =)

Just curious, what does the "Overclock" button on the case do? Does it actually overclock?

Ramps up fan speed to 100% is my guess.

Just curious, what does the "Overclock" button on the case do? Does it actually overclock?

Ramps up fan speed to 100% is my guess.

Only turn on the front panel blue LED... =(

Changing your PSU won't bring any noticeable benefit. Yes your Cougar unit isn't ideal. You don't need an 850W unit to run your system with a single 980 either.

If you have a 1.5TB Steam collection on your old Seagate, most effective solution is to replace with a WD Blue of comparable size, unless are willing to uninstall most of your games. An SSD to hold that amount of data will break the bank.

Your prebuilt case looks like it has bad airflow, and is even inverted. Could stand to get better temps with a more proper case.

My suggestion: Get an entry level (reviewed and not garbage) 600W PSU with a proper case for now. That should solve reliability issues that take priority. Then save up and get a WD Blue to replace your slow old Seagate.

About the PSU upgrade to 850W is because in some near future i want to change my motherboard and probably my cpu (Because i cant find anything to the LGA 1155 shocket, i really want the Sabertooth z77) and go in to a SLI config

About the SSD the idea is have some games on the HDD, games like hero siege, the binding of isaac and other games on the SSD, games like The witcher 3, Lords of the Fallen, Shadows of Mordor, games that takes time to load

Then get what you want more.

The pint is that idk really xD, i think that get the psu and the case first and the ssd later will improve the looks and the cooling of my rig, because of the cable management and the two front fans (and all the radiator capabilities), but I really want to know if is money good spent or if is a waste of money :(

You said you need to spend.

Then get what you need or want the most.

Even if the item(s) you buy are deemed a waste of money by someone else, is no longer within your concern.

Think about it.

As Milton Friedman said, when you spend someone's else money on youself yo want to get the most for the $ (Im a economist xD)

And thats what i want to do xD

Is a real upgrade?? 

Easily the case for me, that case is atrocious and needs to die.

Hahahaha why you think so? (Arguments, i feel the same about it xD but i dont know really why)

As Milton Friedman said, when you spend someone's else money on youself yo want to get the most for the $ (Im a economist xD)

And thats what i want to do xD

Is a real upgrade??  Hahahaha why you think so? (Arguments, i feel the same about it xD but i dont know really why)

That thing is really ugly and having a nicer thing to stare at while gaming is going to be worth many bucks.

I'll tell you again. Get a new case and the best PSU you can get with whats left.

If you say you want to change your mobo and SLI in the future, then a change in case and PSU is going to be necessary anyway.

Because of what you want in the future, you have made new needs for yourself.

I won't be returning to this thread again. Wish you all the best.

Ohhh i see :) great i will buy what you say thanks for your help!! :)