1440p, 400$

BennyFischer

Hey guys.

I'd like to finally upgrade my monitor from my old 1440x990

Since I've never cared about monitors much, i'd use some help.

I dont really have any requirement other then:

- at least 60hz

- good colors

Oftopic qestion: I will be buying oculus rift, does it matter at what resolution my monitor will be running?

Update: 

Yes, I'd like to game on the monitor.(Mostly RPG'S)

My specs:
Gtx 770 4gb (will upgrade when pascal comes out)

i5-4670k 3,40Ghz(proly upgrade to skylake)

12GB of ram

Win10 64-bit 

Are you trying to game on these monitors?

If so is your computer even capable of running 1440p @ 60 fps?

What are your specs?

Spoiler

Nihla

i5 4570k @ 4.20ghz 1.2v | Zotac 1060 AMP + Zotac 1070 ti Mini | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | X2 LG 29UC88

Hifiman HE4xx | Philips SHP9500s | Swans HiVi M10

Hey guys.

I'd like to finally upgrade my monitor from my old 1440x990

Since I've never cared about monitors much, i'd use some help.

I dont really have any requirement other then:

- at least 60hz

- good colors

Oftopic qestion: I will be buying oculus rift, does it matter at what resolution my monitor will be running?

The Oculus is recognized as another monitor by the computer, it doesn't need to have any relationship to your actual monitor.

The Dell U2515H is my usual recommendation.

Are you trying to game on these monitors?

If so is your computer even capable of running 1440p @ 60 fps?

What are your specs?

Sorry, forgot about that. Updated.

Okay you can play stuff at 1440p, but your not going to be maxing anything. Also you dont need to upgrade that i5. It wont bottle neck till you start sli with 980 tis. Even then thats not a big bottleneck.

Also Glenwing has the perfect recommendation. The U2515H is really sweet for what it is.

Spoiler

Nihla

i5 4570k @ 4.20ghz 1.2v | Zotac 1060 AMP + Zotac 1070 ti Mini | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | X2 LG 29UC88

Hifiman HE4xx | Philips SHP9500s | Swans HiVi M10

U2515h. Shit can't wait for mine to arrive this 29th. They're onsale right now at their site. Make sure you get it. L

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

I have one more qestion, little off-topic but I dont want to start another theard.

I'd like to buy a TV within 400$ too.

The TV will be conected to my PC.

On the TV I'd like to watch films.

Occasionally play games with a controller.

Full HD with a decent refresh rate, do you guys have any favorites?  

Thanks in advance.

The Oculus is recognized as another monitor by the computer, it doesn't need to have any relationship to your actual monitor.

The Dell U2515H is my usual recommendation.

Hey, I'm looking at a duel setup of the U2515H or P2416D. You know if there are any other differences than the screen and bezel sizes?

Hey, I'm looking at a duel setup of the U2515H or P2416D. You know if there are any other differences than the screen and bezel sizes?

Spec wise, none. Although a site stated that this panel is actually 6-bit rather than an 8-bit panel (https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/dell-p2416d/). I would choose the U2515H for dual setup because of thin bezels but you can't go wrong with either one.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Besides the slight size difference (23.8" vs 25.0") and thicker borders, the P2416D has one DisplayPort port and one HDMI port, the U2515H as 2 of each as well as DP output for daisy-chaining (though no VGA). Other than that, there isn't much difference.

Spec wise, none. Although a site stated that this panel is actually 6-bit rather than an 8-bit panel (https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/dell-p2416d/). I would choose the U2515H for dual setup because of thin bezels but you can't go wrong with either one.

Besides the slight size difference (23.8" vs 25.0") and thicker borders, the P2416D has one DisplayPort port and one HDMI port, the U2515H as 2 of each as well as DP output for daisy-chaining (though no VGA). Other than that, there isn't much difference.

Thank you both for your expertise, I did see the pcmonitors review actually where it said it was 6-bit. Think I'll go with the U2515H since it also looks much sexier.