%100 RAM usage and there is nothing coming up in taskmanager

hi LTT, since my computer is literally unusable I will reply with the screenshots of the issue in the comments section.

Anyways, when I got back to my PC after a bit, I noticed my computer literally stopped working, after waiting 5 mins I started to get the mouse cursor to move.

I opened up task manager to see what was using up all of the RAM and I couldn't see anything, even when I tick to view processed from all users, still nothing (as seen in the screenshots below)

So please, help diagnose my issue....

thanks!

-Elliott

How much ram do you have?

How much ram does your computer register?

Spoiler

Nihla

i5 4570k @ 4.20ghz 1.2v | Zotac 1060 AMP + Zotac 1070 ti Mini | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | X2 LG 29UC88

Hifiman HE4xx | Philips SHP9500s | Swans HiVi M10

view the imgur link, I have 8 gigs installed, and the computer sees 8 gig

btw the link is the 1st comment...

Show all processes. Bottom left corner of task manager.

Edit: And nvm

Spoiler

Nihla

i5 4570k @ 4.20ghz 1.2v | Zotac 1060 AMP + Zotac 1070 ti Mini | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | X2 LG 29UC88

Show all processes. Bottom left corner of task manager.

view all of the screenshots.... (scrolldown)

Hmm, try stopping programs until you find the one with the memory leak.

Ofc avoiding ones windows needs.

Spoiler

Nihla

Have you ran a malware program?

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

I'm just gonna restart and see the results....

I will also update the results after about an hour... thanks for the replies however I think its just a memory leak (probably from AV doing an idle scan or something like that...)

I'm just gonna restart and see the results....

I will also update the results after about an hour... thanks for the replies however I think its just a memory leak (probably from AV doing an idle scan or something like that...)

I think it is either a leak or a virus/malware. But even then it looks more like a leak then 1 + 1 = 2.

Spoiler

Nihla

I think it is either a leak or a virus/malware. But even then it looks more like a leak then 1 + 1 = 2.

yea, I've never really had an issue with memory leaks, but I doubt its a rootkit or virus as I downloaded nothing that day...

most of the time I get lag after I come back after a while of my dying HDD taking the hit of the idle AV scan.

Anyways, I'll update you when my computer starts back up (I'm using a laptop to type this not my desktop which is experiencing the issues)

also, just for more info: a few minutes before the RAM blew up it was sitting at just lower than 2 gig, when I checked backafter a while, it blew up to 7.7 gigs

Wow.

Spoiler

Nihla

Wow.

update: after rebooting seems normal, will give another update in half an hour on the usage.

(if it seems all normal than we'll just label it as a memory leak)

Alrighty, goodluck

Spoiler

Nihla

Have you opened up the computer and tryed to push the ram in more it might of unclipped my computer did that and still told me I had all the ram installed

Have you opened up the computer and tryed to push the ram in more it might of unclipped my computer did that and still told me I had all the ram installed

I think you need to read the thread.

Spoiler

Nihla