eBay fan controller?

melias24

Hey guys as some of you know the stock corsair fans in the air 540 are feking loud, and not to mention my bloody gtx 770 blower fan at 75% so it doesn't throttle it's very loud. Anyway, i know you can change fan speeds in bios, but it's pretty annoying, so i was wondering should i just get a fan controller for the 3 fans in my case? Anyone used an eBay/Chinese fan controller? Would you guys trust it in your pc? If it was dodgy, what could happen to my PC?

Also wondering about Corsair link, and whether it's worth $80ish AUD for the fan controller device. 
Link to controller: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-5-Bay-Panel-4-x-PC-Cooling-Fan-Speed-Temperature-Controller-/110766312957?hash=item19ca2fcdfd:g:EZgAAOSweW5VVwq8

~Elias

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

When I use to run fan controller set up's it was all about looking good and didnt care what brand it was or where I got it as long as it was new. Never had issues with a generic controller. The only generic things I ever bought were fan controllers and card readers. Maybe I was lucky but it was always fine. 

Hey guys as some of you know the stock corsair fans in the air 540 are feking loud, and not to mention my bloody gtx 770 blower fan at 75% so it doesn't throttle it's very loud. Anyway, i know you can change fan speeds in bios, but it's pretty annoying, so i was wondering should i just get a fan controller for the 3 fans in my case? Anyone used an eBay/Chinese fan controller? Would you guys trust it in your pc? If it was dodgy, what could happen to my PC?

Also wondering about Corsair link, and whether it's worth $80ish AUD for the fan controller device. 

Link to controller: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-5-Bay-Panel-4-x-PC-Cooling-Fan-Speed-Temperature-Controller-/110766312957?hash=item19ca2fcdfd:g:EZgAAOSweW5VVwq8

~Elias

I have one very similar to it. Its alright, I wouldn't pay $20 for it personally, and if you draw too much current for it(ie. pump, multiple fans on the same connector, etc.) it makes a very annoying high pitch screech. 

I have one very similar to it. Its alright, I wouldn't pay $20 for it personally, and if you draw too much current for it(ie. pump, multiple fans on the same connector, etc.) it makes a very annoying high pitch screech. 

Oh ok, i only have 3 fans and the rest of my specs are in my sig, would you say im drawing too much current with those current devices?

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one