Hey I'm building a new computer and just wanting to know if all my components are all right.

*PLEASE NOTE THAT EVERYTHING IS IN NEW ZEALAND DOLLAR SO EVERYTHING IS TWICE AS EXPENSIVE*

CPU & RAM Combo:

• AMD FX-6300 & 8gb (2x4gb) sticks of ram - $220 

GPU:

• ASUS STRIX R7 370 - $225 

MOBO:

• ASRock 970 Pro3 R2 - $139

Power Supply:

• Antec VP500P 500w - $85

SSD:

• Cheap $70 120GB SSD

Monitor:

• Acer  21.5" V226HQLA - $190

Case has already been brought (Zalman R1)

Yes I know I'm Being ripped off but this is the price you pay for living on the most beautiful country in the world

LOL LIMEWIRE

Why don't you use NZ pcpartpicker?

Edit: Umm what is this for?

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.

Why don't you use NZ pcpartpicker?

Edit: Umm what is this for?

NZ pcpartpicker happens to only have 4 New Zealand stores in its pricing and tends to be quite bad

Also this is to be used for gaming (at medium settings)

LOL LIMEWIRE

@You Scrub....The Floor So I parted it out on PCPartPicker for ease of use.

This list is with the parts you listed the only difference is your monitor. It came nicely under $1000.

With some of the parts you listed on your post being cheaper then here it would be less.

The only problem is your CPU, the AMD FX series is an aging line of CPU's you would get more performance from a Haswell i3.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($178.00 @ 1stWave Technologies)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Pro3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($124.00 @ 1stWave Technologies)
Memory: Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($79.90 @ Aquila Technology)
Storage: Crucial BX100 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($79.34 @ PB Technologies)
Video Card: Asus Radeon R7 370 2GB Video Card  ($219.95 @ Computer Lounge)
Power Supply: Antec 500W ATX Power Supply  ($99.18 @ Ascent Technology)
Monitor: ViewSonic VA2246M-LED 60Hz 22.0" Monitor  ($190.16 @ Aquila Technology)
Total: $970.53
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-19 01:09 NZDT+1300

This is an example i3 computer for around $1000 with all the same stuff, other then CPU and MOBO.

This would get you a bit more performance than a FX 8350 in games.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4170 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($179.95 @ Computer Lounge)
Motherboard: Asus H97-PLUS ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($188.00 @ Paradigm PCs)
Memory: Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($79.90 @ Aquila Technology)
Storage: Crucial BX100 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($79.34 @ PB Technologies)
Video Card: Asus Radeon R7 370 2GB Video Card  ($219.95 @ Computer Lounge)
Power Supply: Antec 500W ATX Power Supply  ($99.18 @ Ascent Technology)
Monitor: ViewSonic VA2246M-LED 60Hz 22.0" Monitor  ($190.16 @ Aquila Technology)
Total: $1036.48
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-19 01:16 NZDT+1300

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

@You Scrub....The Floor no problem it's a bit of fun it means I help some one and get to look at their system and laugh or cry when I compare it to mine and realize that I don't have an ssd :(

Spoiler

@You Scrub....The Floor no problem it's a bit of fun it means I help some one and get to look at their system and laugh or cry when I compare it to mine and realize that I don't have an ssd :(

but at least  a Skylake ;)   a SSd would be a good later upgrade or better why didn't ya get one right away?

To Topic:  would take the i3 power consumption is not really a major point here.

only thing which should be mentioned is that a 120gb SSd is really small. If your connection is good it'S not an issue, but with a connection with slower speed I would take the Fx and spent the extra Bucks more for an 240/256 gb  SSD like the 

https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/part/crucial-internal-hard-drive-ct250bx100ssd1

but at least  a Skylake ;)   a SSd would be a good later upgrade or better why didn't ya get one right away?

To Topic:  would take the i3 power consumption is not really a major point here.

only thing which should be mentioned is that a 120gb SSd is really small. If your connection is good it'S not an issue, but with a connection with slower speed I would take the Fx and spent the extra Bucks more for an 240/256 gb  SSD like the 

https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/part/crucial-internal-hard-drive-ct250bx100ssd1

Thanks mate

LOL LIMEWIRE