firefox "session" plugin

Bl00dgod

my neighbour is an artist and uses mozilla firefox

he is a real tab monster +150 sometimes what i've seen

mostly deviantart and other sites like that to publish or show/discuss with others

he used to save the sessions with the "session manager-addon", with his >150 tabs depending on his actual art projects

this way he got all important sites up for the project without creating >100 bookmarks, all up in a new window with just starting the saved session

he saved his windows %appdata% mozilla profile, updated and then cursed himself ...

now he updated firefox to the newest version and the "same" plugin isnt able to load the old sessions he saved

he tells me the correct version numbers ( old, new ) later when he's home

i told him to watch into the %appdata% and open the session-save-files with an editor to see if everything is there

but it would damn hard to search & copy paste all the URLs out of that giant documents

i use chrome or opera so i have no idea about this mozilka-addon

anyone had the same issue? or clues?

or is going back 1 step and installing the old version again the best solution

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

holy shit what a session i gotta tell ya. i have nothing useful to say about that tho