HELP!

hug0mac

:blink:  :wacko:  :huh:  :o My gpu almost died

Or something did blew up...... Short story, I don't over clock! I got a solid PSU. And the newest drivers. So... I was installed Realtek HD Audio and then play a game. the whole GPU started to act strange and everything on screen went strange. static picture almost....could barely see what was going on oh my god!

So I managed to remove the nvidia drivers and the picture is back to normal...

WHAT HAPPENED?! Did I break something? It went almost as one of my friends did overdo the over clock too much...that type of weird screen.

I use 800x600 to write this omg I am scared what should i do!!

:wacko:  :unsure:  :blink:  :huh:

┏(◑̃.◑̃)┛ Totally Not Dangerous ┏(◐̃.◐̃)┛

i7 4790K / 16GB RAM \ 250GB SSD

Start by re-installing the drivers, if, after a reboot, you can still see an image, your probably ok... probably...

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

Start by re-installed the drivers, if, after a reboot, you can still see an image, your probably ok... probably...

I bought the GPU 2 days ago x_x... I hope all is okay with it... I will try to install that again! It must work...

Start by re-installing the drivers, if, after a reboot, you can still see an image, your probably ok... probably...

Still same problem when I installed the drivers... help???

What, you can only use 800x600?

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

maybe gpu boost is enabled so it pushes the card and u can't do anything??

not my picture but it's kinda like this: https://imgur.com/QV1JJRt

What, you can only use 800x600?

I can use my screen thru the GPU but on 800x600 yes and if I try to install the drivers the screen gets 1080p but it is BAD (see the link) but only when I got the driver installed...............not when I delete the driver, then it's fine...........

maybe gpu boost is enabled so it pushes the card and u can't do anything??

No idea...

I can use my screen thru the GPU but on 800x600 yes and if I try to install the drivers the screen gets 1080p but it is BAD (see the link) but only when I got the driver installed...............not when I delete the driver, then it's fine...........it is a 

well try to use your PC with the on-board graphics and then reinstall the gpu

I can use my screen thru the GPU but on 800x600 yes and if I try to install the drivers the screen gets 1080p but it is BAD (see the link) but only when I got the driver installed...............not when I delete the driver, then it's fine...........

RMA RMA RMA - you might be lucky and they won't charge you because YOU broke the card by OC'ing it too far lol good luck

RMA RMA RMA - you might be lucky and they won't charge you because YOU broke the card by OC'ing it too far lol good luck

yeah he is lucky he said he bought the card two days ago so.....

well try to use your PC with the on-board graphics and then reinstall the gpu

Reinstall as remove it and put it back in? or install the drivers when using the on board graphics?

yeah sure. how? and i don't even oc on anything it's useless. and is that a "lol" ? you think this is funny? great... 

yeah sure. how? and i don't even oc on anything it's useless. and is that a "lol" ? you think this is funny? great... 

Contact the seller you bought it from or the manufacturer directly... get over it man it happens to the best of us... that's technology for ya

Reinstall as remove it and put it back in? or install the drivers when using the on board graphics?

1) take the gpu out of the system and use intel hd graphics just to check the rest of the system

2) he is not lol we say you may have an RMA product and u shall use your warranty o/c in new stuff is useless unless you are like me and have an g3258 @ 3,2ghz

yeah he is lucky he said he bought the card two days ago so.....

Could be a "lemon"

or a pickle

I'd say he's in one right now...

Are you done joking around? <_<  I did buy it from a store. I contacted both store, asus and nvidia. Also I'm not "he" or "dude" so yeah thanks jerks.  <_<

Case closed. I will see what happens, might just buy another gpu and be done but I want to see what support can do  ^_^ still sad over it though...

Are you done joking around? <_<  I did buy it from a store. I contacted both store, asus and nvidia. Also I'm not "he" or "dude" so yeah thanks jerks.  <_<

Case closed. I will see what happens, might just buy another gpu and be done but I want to see what support can do  ^_^ still sad over it though...

A bit mean calling someone a jerk because, stereotypically, it's guys that have interests in computing. And I would like to emphasise, I did say stereotypically.

It also sounds like you bought a dead on arrival card, and the reason Kirky 2k15 blamed you for OCing is because your original post was written with such disregard for grammar, even I wasn't sure if you had overclocked or not

A bit mean calling someone a jerk because, stereotypically, it's guys that have interests in computing. And I would like to emphasise, I did say stereotypically.

It also sounds like you bought a dead on arrival card, and the reason Kirky 2k15 blamed you for OCing is because your original post was written with such disregard for grammar, even I wasn't sure if you had overclocked or not

Bit mean yep... stereotypically yep yep... card was not dead because I played on it for like...hours without problem. And my grammar maybe isn't the best because i'm not English. so im sorry. and about oc or not... idk. it's asus strix card. its factory oc. it's my first "high end" card so idk.

I like to point out, i played on it with over 30 games trying all different things and settings and all worked flawless. after I did

^_^

Could it be a bad driver?... because it was not exactly as the picture but it was like...on desktop and screen but when i open a window the "glitches" get behind it. the card works but not with the drivers...can i use the card without drivers? um...is there NOTHING else i can try before sending it in?  :huh:

hm

I did send the GPU back and will get a new one instead... of corse it is my normal luck with this!  <_<

Just throwing my 2cents in, didn't see this until now:

What card was it, looking through the posts It doesn't look like you mentioned which one it was.

Potentially it could've been a driver issue, if you uninstalled them and then re-installed them as a clean install it *may* have fixed the issue but no idea.  

the card works but not with the drivers...can i use the card without drivers?

You can't use the card properly without the drivers at all no.

One other thing I didn't see asked which is really basic and sounds stupid but, you did plug your monitor etc into the card when you installed it right? I have seen people leave stuff connected to integrated after they installed a new GPU.

Just throwing my 2cents in, didn't see this until now:

What card was it, looking through the posts It doesn't look like you mentioned which one it was.

Potentially it could've been a driver issue, if you uninstalled them and then re-installed them as a clean install it *may* have fixed the issue but no idea.  

You can't use the card properly without the drivers at all no.

One other thing I didn't see asked which is really basic and sounds stupid but, you did plug your monitor etc into the card when you installed it right? I have seen people leave stuff connected to integrated after they installed a new GPU.

Hi

It was a asus strix 970 oc edition something. amazing card!!! just didnt work and i maybe did something wrong im not sure. (i guess it was overclocked from factory..)

i did uninstall them as it said that the drivers crashed. and it went black and front and back from on to off and fans was going mad too.. on and off. i did do a clean install on the drivers 3 times honestly before i was like "nope" and i tried 2 different versions. the new one and the 2nd one to the most new both same problem

yes i could see that it was not usable without drivers but the card go mad with drivers and even glitches without them!

yes... i did plug my monitor in! both hdmi and dvi didn't work better... tried one last time before taking it out with a displayport and same problem.

the thing is... i used the card for some hours. and it was working fine. with drivers installed but something weird happened and yeah... its my first gpu for 300$+ and im scared to dig into the problem too much.

:mellow:

Could've potentially been a dodgy OC from Factory that was being pushed just far enough after a bit of use.

Seems like you've tried everything and if you haven't tried to OC at all like you said in the OP then it does sound like you just got unlucky with the card, sadly it does happen considering they don't actually test every single card/chip they produce