PC upgrade win 10

ppolicherla91

So i have win 10 and after struggling i ended up having to buy the key for it, long story not important, but i am upgrading my cpu and motherboard really soon. Will i have something to worry about or as long as i have the product key i am ok?

You only have to worry I believe if you bought the OEM version

the product key came from the microsoft store

the product key came from the microsoft store

Than I think your fine but don't quote me on that.

So i have win 10 and after struggling i ended up having to buy the key for it, long story not important, but i am upgrading my cpu and motherboard really soon. Will i have something to worry about or as long as i have the product key i am ok?

OS tied with the motherboard, so if you are upgrading your motherboard then yes you will need to buy a new key, or call Microsoft to tell them to deactivate the currently key so you can reactivate it on your new motherboard. 

OS tied with the motherboard, so if you are upgrading your motherboard then yes you will need to buy a new key, or call Microsoft to tell them to deactivate the currently key so you can reactivate it on your new motherboard. 

I purchased the key on the online store after the upgrade and now i have a specific key to my OS if i just re-enter that would it be ok?>

I purchased the key on the online store after the upgrade and now i have a specific key to my OS if i just re-enter that would it be ok?>

It should be ok

called microsoft and they said that as long as i have my product key it should be fine

called microsoft and they said that as long as i have my product key it should be fine

Yes, you bought a retail key if you bought it directly from Microsoft. Retail keys can be easily re-activated on a new motherboard if necessary.

OEM keys are tied to a single motherboard. You cannot "easily" transfer. However, in practice, it just usually just takes a phonecall to activate again. You need to talk to a MS support person and they will activate for you after you explain its installed on a single PC. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200