StarCraft :)

misthosg

So, Reddit is down right now and I want to share this.

So I am kind of new to starcraft (not completely new, but yeah) and today I fended off a cheese/rush. For those who don't know what cheese means, its a Korean slang for cheating, which is not really cheating, but more so using a odd tactic (StarCraft used to be extremely popular in Korea, but now LoL is). The opposing player rushed me with medivacs and marines. I called gg initially, but I decided to stay and fight. Luckily I had orbital up and spammed a bunch of mules, then began to build more SCVs. I then built some more siege tanks, marines and marauders. I went to his base, and I was able to destroy everything besides his command center (which he flew away) and then later on he landed the command center again and I was able to almost destroy it, but then he left the game :)

Do any of you play StarCraft?

Thanks

Build: CPU: i7-4790k @4.4 GHz 1.2v | GPU: Sapphire R9 380 Nitro | Memory: 16GB Evga SSC | Storage: 250GB 850 Evo, 1 TB Toshiba HDD | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7  | Cooling: Aigo T120 RGB | Case: NZXT S340 | PSU: Antec HCG 520w | OS: Windows 10 | Keyboard: Corsair K70, Cherry MX Reds | Mouse: Logitech G600 | Monitor: LG 27UD58-B | Headset: Audio-Technica M40x w/ Modmic and Bravo Audio V2 Tube Amplifier 

Its a game series that I could never get into myself. i'm an just god awful at RTS game. Terrible at them. I'm am completely fascinated by pro level competition though. I love watching high level game play. The more cheese the better. The standard meta gets boring after watching a thousand games. 

Intel i5 6600k

Powercolor AMD R9 390

Its a game series that I could never get into myself. i'm an just god awful at RTS game. Terrible at them. I'm am completely fascinated by pro level competition though. I love watching high level game play. The more cheese the better. The standard meta gets boring after watching a thousand games.

Yeah. It is really fun to watch high level play. 300 actions per minute so five clicks/keystrokes per second. Those people are extremely talented.

Build: CPU: i7-4790k @4.4 GHz 1.2v | GPU: Sapphire R9 380 Nitro | Memory: 16GB Evga SSC | Storage: 250GB 850 Evo, 1 TB Toshiba HDD | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7  | Cooling: Aigo T120 RGB | Case: NZXT S340 | PSU: Antec HCG 520w | OS: Windows 10 | Keyboard: Corsair K70, Cherry MX Reds | Mouse: Logitech G600 | Monitor: LG 27UD58-B | Headset: Audio-Technica M40x w/ Modmic and Bravo Audio V2 Tube Amplifier 

Love watching events like SHoutcraft where it was non standard maps with players that were not all tier 1, you see some of the most ridiculous exciting gameplay. 

Intel i5 6600k

Powercolor AMD R9 390

Yeah. It is really fun to watch high level play. 300 actions per minute so five clicks/keystrokes per second. Those people are extremely talented.

by saying "extremely talented" you're discrediting the work and training they put into it to become that good. Unlike MOBAs and FPS, Starcraft needs more training and dedication, you can't reach that level by simply being talented.

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

I'm former top 10 Master. 

I had to stop playing SC II, because the higher I was in ladder, the more stressful it became for me, you know.. like: to be precise in timings, micro, macro, one fail meant to loose whole game, and I realized, that I am not enjoying SC II anymore, that casual playing was more fun.

But don't get me wrong, it is an amazing game.

G4MING RIG - CPU: i7 5930K  Cooling: Custom Loop  MOBO: Asus Rampage V Extreme  GPU: EVGA 980 Ti GTX Classified  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16 GB  SSD: Samsung 840 Pro  PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W Platinum Certified  Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX II  CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo  PERIPHERALS: Das Keyboard Ultimate 4, Logitech G502 Proteus Core, Sennheiser G4ME One, B&W MM-1, ROG SWIFT

Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2012CPU: i7 2,7 GHz  GPU: GT 650M,  RAM: 16GB,  SSD: 512GB

I'm former top 10 Master. 

I had to stop playing SC II, because the higher I was in ladder, the more stressful it became for me, you know.. like: to be precise in timings, micro, macro, one fail meant to loose whole game, and I realized, that I am not enjoying SC II anymore, that casual playing was more fun.

But don't get me wrong, it is an amazing game.

Yeah It is. I am getting legacy of the void for christmas :)

by saying "extremely talented" you're discrediting the work and training they put into it to become that good. Unlike MOBAs and FPS, Starcraft needs more training and dedication, you can't reach that level by simply being talented.

I wasn't saying that they don't put time in. In fact they put a lot of time in. I was giving a compliment, not trying to discredit them,

i ranked far higher than i should have in brood wars with just 6pool and probe rushing

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.