(Processor) Sony Vegas help!

Go to solution Solved by i_build_nanosuits,

yeah ima do a lil gaming on pc like h1z1 or rocket league but big titles i play on xbox one like black ops 3 and so on

H1Z1 is built on the same engine as arma3 and those games run aweful especially on AMD CPU's because they max out one CPU core and AMD cores are weak and slow...so you should go with the i5-4460 on a cheap H97 motherboard...performance in rendering is still very similar to the FX and the editing will be smoother because the intel chip has much faster cores, it's also a lot more energy efficient and come on a more modern platform with better features.

I think you should get

- i5-4460

- H97 board

- 16GB DDR3

- R9 380 4GB

Use the boxed heatsink for the i5 it's perfectly adequate for that little chip.

what do you think the best processor would be for under 200 bucks that could give me the best rendering ability in Sony Vegas since i do youtube and want that apart of my rig?

By that i mean quickest   :)

what do you think the best processor would be for under 200 bucks that could give me the best rendering ability in Sony Vegas since i do youtube and want that apart of my rig?

By that i mean quickest   :)

sony vegas run on CUDA so just about any modern nvidia GPU will slap bitch even the best CPU's out there...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

FX-8350?

Either way, are you planning or do you already have an AMD GPU?

So you think fx-8350 is the best for the udner 200 range?

sony vegas run on CUDA so just about any modern nvidia GPU will slap bitch even the best CPU's out there...

It cannot render completely on the GPU. And a GTX 970 will have longer render times than a 3770K. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

So you think fx-8350 is the best for the udner 200 range?

So if i got a good processor then add a gtx 960 on that (the card ima get) It would be a kick ass for rendering, at least for the pc i have now it has like a fucking amd 5500 or something it aint bad but....

And the equivalent AMD GPU will bitch slap an Nvidia one in Vegas :^)

not gonna happen, CUDA is like 3 times faster than openCL in vegas ;)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

It cannot render completely on the GPU. And a GTX 970 will have longer render times than a 3770K. 

i know but what their saying is that it will help right?

humm...no?!

And the equivalent AMD GPU will bitch slap an Nvidia one in Vegas :^)

so if i got a 8350fx i should get a r9 270x you think? or something better but i dont wanna spend over 200 for a gpu either ?

not gonna happen, CUDA is like 3 times faster than openCL in vegas ;)

Uh... Are you sure that isn't Premiere? Last I checked OpenCL kicked ass in Vegas while CUDS reigned supreme in Adobe's ecosystem

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I would argue that a 4460 is a good choice on Intels side. 

But this person is right that an Nvidia GPU is going to show the most performance.

Uh... Are you sure that isn't Premiere? Last I checked OpenCL kicked ass in Vegas while CUDS reigned supreme in Adobe's ecosystem

no im sure, 100%...you should know when cuda is supported it's instantly order of magnitude faster than ANYTHING else you can mesure it against.

So if i got a good processor then add a gtx 960 on that (the card ima get) It would be a kick ass for rendering, at least for the pc i have now it has like a fucking amd 5500 or something it aint bad but....

^^ this yes OP, if what you are after is a cheap but good for the price rendering and editing workstation machine this is a VERY nice combo...an R9 380 would be great too...i would suggest an FX-8320 and save money though, overclock it to 4.2ghz yourself after.

^^ this yes OP, if what you are after is a cheap but good for the price rendering and editing workstation machine this is a VERY nice combo...i would suggest an FX-8320 and save money though, overclock it to 4.2ghz yourself after.

lol ill take that i7 tho xD

is this an inside joke that I'm not part of

haha yeah, the AMD perform better in vegas.

But just about any GPU will greatly improve performance wheter it's nvidia or AMD it wont really matter...both will dramatically reduce rendering time.

haha yeah, the AMD perform better in vegas.

thats what i need then lol i  hate how ppl fight over intel and amd they both have their good perks, then the console wars the only 2 problems with pc vs console is price and hackers in my opinion 

thats what i need then lol i  hate how ppl fight over intel and amd they both have their good perks, then the console wars the only 2 problems with pc vs console is price and hackers in my opinion

Get FX-8320 or i5-4460 and R9 380 or GTX 960...my picks: if you're not gaming, and this is solely for workstation: FX-8320 and GTX 960...if you game too...i5-4460 and R9 380.

Get FX-8320 or i5-4460 and R9 380 or GTX 960...my picks: if you're not gaming, and this is solely for workstation: FX-8320 and GTX 960...if you game too...i5-4460 and R9 380.

yeah ima do a lil gaming on pc like h1z1 or rocket league but big titles i play on xbox one like black ops 3 and so on