HELP PLS

Cookiemonstahr

- I have an SSD as primary drive with Windows 8.1 on it.

- I have a HyperX (Kingston) 16gb pendrive USB.

I made a bootable Win7 iso using Microsoft USB tool on the pendrive.

- I have an 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 64MB SSHD that I bought today.

- I have Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 mobo

- I set boot order in BIOS to make the pendrive primary.

Windows7 setup loads just fine but after I create partition on the "Disk 1: Unallocated Space" (the SSHD) and I click next it says "Setup was unable to create a new system partition....check log".

I also noticed that after creating the partition it does not create a system reserve (100mb) partition as it usually does.

I tried the following (none worked):

- Plugged out SSD 

- Formatted new partition

- Tried installing on unallocated space

#I tried booting from another hard drive (I put boot files on the hard drive) and it worked, I installed Windows 7 but after I pulled out that boot hard drive, it said no OS found so I'm guessing there's something to do with the USB?

Snip

Your problem is Windows 7.

Go into your UEFI and find the CSM or Compatibility Support Module. It will be disabled, enable it then try the install again.

Let me know if it doesn't work and what exactly it says.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Your problem is Windows 7.

Go into your UEFI and find the CSM or Compatibility Support Module. It will be disabled, enable it then try the install again.

Let me know if it doesn't work and what exactly it says.

Ok there are two tabs I found:

- CSM Support

It has two options:

Always (it's currently set as default)

Never

- Windows 8 (or similar I forgot, lol)

If I click on it gives 3 possiblities:

Other OS

Windows 8

Windows 8 WHQL

Ok there are two tabs I found:

- CSM Support

It has two options:

Always (it's currently set as default)

Never

- Windows 8 (or similar I forgot, lol)

If I click on it gives 3 possiblities:

Other OS

Windows 8

Windows 8 WHQL

Hmm, that's weird. Fyi the second set of options you listed do nothing without the CSM set to Never first but the CSM is set to the correct setting for Windows 7.

Please unplug all other HDDs from the board entirely and just leave the drive your installing on to plugged in on it's own then try again. It sounds like a weird suggestions but in my experience most issues when installing Windows are caused by having multiple drives plugged in during setup.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Hmm, that's weird. Fyi the second set of options you listed do nothing without the CSM set to Never first but the CSM is set to the correct setting for Windows 7.

Please unplug all other HDDs from the board entirely and just leave the drive your installing on to plugged in on it's own then try again.

Already tried that...didn't work.

Already tried that...didn't work.

Ok then.

Next thing to try is bring up the boot menu (usually F11 during post) and look through the boot list.

Is the pendrive listed twice? One will have (UEFI) next to it. If so then select the one that DOESN'T say (UEFI) and try again.

Ok then.

Next thing to try is bring up the boot menu (usually F11 during post) and look through the boot list.

Is the pendrive listed twice? One will have (UEFI) next to it. If so then select the one that DOESN'T say (UEFI) and try again.

I checked the pheripherials and it has:

USB Storage Devices:

Kingston .... (my pendrive with NO uefi next to it)

When I click it (my pendrive's name), it shows these options:

Auto

Floppy

Forced FDD

Hard Disk

CR-ROM 

:(