R9 390

HectorF

So I'm going with an r9 390 instead of a 970 to replace my 760 but I need to choose a good brand. What's a good brand? I would like the msi or nitro card but which one yeilds the best cooling under $350 as that's my planned budget at the moment

| CPURyzen 7 3700X & 2xE5-2680 V2 | Motherboard - Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi & Dell Poweredge R720 | 

| RAM - G SKill Hyper X 32 GB & 320GB ECC DDR3 | GPU - RTX 2080 Super W/ Block GTX 1060 6GB (R720) | Case - Metallic Gear Neo Qube (basically an O11D) | Storage - 2TB NVME + 8TB Unraid | PSU - Corsair RM650X Gold | Display - Samsung CHG90 49" | Cooling - Hardline EK CPU and GPU with 3x120 Rad | Operating System - Windows 10 Pro (PC) & Unraid (R720) |

From ppl experience they say sapphire or MSI are the best. Strixes are usually pretty solid but not on 390 because it does not have a VRAM cooling. 

CPU : i5-6600K @4.4ghz | GPU : MSI GTX 1060 | Mobo: Asus Z170-A Pro | Cooler: Kraken x41 | PSU: SSm12-520w | Keyboard :Corsair Strafe RGB /w Cherry mx Red | Mice:Steelseries rival 300 | 

So I'm going with an r9 390 instead of a 970 to replace my 760 but I need to choose a good brand. What's a good brand? I would like the msi or nitro card but which one yeilds the best cooling under $350 as that's my planned budget at the moment

The Nitro cooler is the best on the AMD side, followed by the TwinFrozr cooler.

I'd have to 100% agree with sapphire nitro. I have the sapphire r9 380x nitro which is a different card with only two fans. But, the temps are great and I never hear the fans while gaming.

If your not going to be overclocking or putting in a custom loop, the Sapphire Nitro is the best choice.

If your overclocking go for MSI.

If your going custom loop go for XFX.

But either way, the MSI has served me well, despite sticking very close to 61C 24/7

From ppl experience they say sapphire or MSI are the best. Strixes are usually pretty solid but not on 390 because it does not have a VRAM cooling.

I would probably have to say go with the sapphire even though I have the strix with no issues but the above information is wrong the dcu iii used on the 390 series does have vrm cooling there are enough pics of the cooler removed out there to see it but people keep referring to the 290 cooler as the same as the 390 and it's not.