New System Build (windows/driver errors)

So I finished building my computer yesterday and today I started the process of downloading all my drivers. This is my first time ever doing this.

In order I downloaded the intel chipset drive, intel management engine components, and then intel rapid storage.

The first error I got was while downloading intel rapid storage which told me I needed microsoft .NET framework 4.5. So I decided to check for windows updates and installed all of them (aside from language packs). It didn't install framework 4.5 so I went and downloaded it online. fixed the error and was able to install intel rapid storage. 

Now when I try to install my realtek hd audio drivers I get this error:          PyEaWEC.png

My device manager and programs installed look like this (obv not full view of either): eh69ZMp.png

I'm kinda confused.

I also get this error every time I restart/power on my computer: OchvdBD.png

halp :^(

I uninstalled NVIDIA High Definition Audio from the device manager and tried to install realtek hd audio again and it didn't work and now I don't have sound from my front panel headphone jack anymore 

though for some reason it still shows nvidia hd audio in device manager 

sweet

What kind of motherboard are you using?

MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX

all my specs are on my profile aside from i'm just using the 120gb samsung ssd for now since I don't have my HDD yet

100 posts yaaay 

MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX

Also if you try to install audio drivers while the audio hardware is disabled the dirver installation will not proceed. I believe you enter the BIOS to see if the realtek HD is enabled.

Also if you try to install audio drivers while the audio hardware is disabled the dirver installation will not proceed. I believe you enter the BIOS to see if the realtek HD is enabled.

So I should try restarting my computer - go into the bios - and see if I can find audio and see if realtek is enabled?

i'll try right now

So I should try restarting my computer - go into the bios - and see if I can find audio and see if realtek is enabled?

i'll try right now

It's also known that Realtek can conflict with Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio.

Go to Device Manager>System Devices> look for MIcrosoft UAA Bus Driver For High definition audio.

Right click on it and click Disable.

Go to Add/Remove Programs and locate the Realtek HD audio Driver. Remove it and don't reboot the system.

Go back to Device Manager and uninstall the disabled Microsoft UAA bust Driver for High Definition audio. Again don't reboot the system after doing so.

Reinstall the realtek HD audio Driver. From here http://www.msi.com/product/motherboard/support/Z97S-SLI-Krait-Edition.html#down-driver&Win10 64 I linked Windows 10 64bit, May have to change it to match your system and OS. Ignore the "Found new hardware wizard". After installation is complete, reboot the system.

It's also known that Realtek can conflict with Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio.

Go to Device Manager>System Devices> look for MIcrosoft UAA Bus Driver For High definition audio.

Right click on it and click Disable.

Go to Add/Remove Programs and locate the Realtek HD audio Driver. Remove it and don't reboot the system.

Go back to Device Manager and uninstall the disabled Microsoft UAA bust Driver for High Definition audio. Again don't reboot the system after doing so.

Reinstall the realtek HD audio Driver. From here http://www.msi.com/product/motherboard/support/Z97S-SLI-Krait-Edition.html#down-driver&Win10 64 I linked Windows 10 64bit, May have to change it to match your system and OS. Ignore the "Found new hardware wizard". After installation is complete, reboot the system.

So I was about to restart my system and go into the bios, but my family distracted me for a second. I came back and saw there was a windows update and i decided to install it.

The update included something on the lines of Service Pack 1. When it finished and I logged back in I didn't get the Desktop Windows Manager error and I was able to install the Realtek Drivers (front panel audio works now). 

The weird thing is I didn't get that update until I got back to my system I even remember checking for updates and it said there were none...

Thank you very much for taking time to help me