Data transfere help

NeonJam
Go to solution Solved by Captain_WD,

~snip~

Hey there NeonJam :)

You can use the tool from the SSD manufacturer that comes with it to clone the data from your HDD to the SSD and thus save everything as it is. Have in mind that cloning a HDD to the SSD is not recommended as it has potential problems such as the SSD being recognized as a HDD.
I would recommend doing a fresh install of the OS on the SSD alongside with all the applications and ames that would really benefit from the drive's speed and leave and reinstall everything else on the HDD. Have in mind that gaming relies on the storage's performance only for the loading times and autosave while FPS and graphics stay unaffected. :)

Captain_WD.

Hey all,

Ive recently bought a samsung 850 evo is there anyway to transfere all my games, programs and operating system to this drive from my 2tb hdd??

Thanks

1) What is the size of SSD and files you want to transfer

2) Do you really need somethings on SSD rather then on HDD

~snip~

Hey there NeonJam :)

You can use the tool from the SSD manufacturer that comes with it to clone the data from your HDD to the SSD and thus save everything as it is. Have in mind that cloning a HDD to the SSD is not recommended as it has potential problems such as the SSD being recognized as a HDD.
I would recommend doing a fresh install of the OS on the SSD alongside with all the applications and ames that would really benefit from the drive's speed and leave and reinstall everything else on the HDD. Have in mind that gaming relies on the storage's performance only for the loading times and autosave while FPS and graphics stay unaffected. :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/