GTX 980ti Lightning coil whine problem

Metro

Hello

I seem to be experiencing coil whine. It is fine during idle and gaming. However sometimes when you go from gaming to idle, I get coil whine. Also when I turn SLI on or off it produces coil whine during the loading phase. Sometimes the coil whine stays even after the loading phase, then sometimes it stops after the loading phase. It is quite loud as well.

Would you recommend a RMA for this problem, I will also need to diagnose what GPU is causing the problem.

Thanks

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Sometimes manufacturer's argue that coil whine is not a performance issue.  You would have to contact MSI and tell them your situation.  If you have another PSU that you can try to use, it can fix the problem... sometimes.

First try to limit your Frames to the hz of your display.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Sometimes manufacturer's argue that coil whine is not a performance issue.  You would have to contact MSI and tell them your situation.  If you have another PSU that you can try to use, it can fix the problem... sometimes.

It actually sounds more like ringing, you know when an explosion is close in games, you get the ringing sound, it is like that.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

First try to limit your Frames to the hz of your display.

It happens during idle, after gaming and switching SLI on or off. During gaming is fine.