What's the difference?

I want know why is the skylake better than the the haswell-E while the haswell-E is better in everything except W

I want know why is the skylake better than the the haswell-E while the haswell-E is better in everything except W

skylake is built on a different nanometer process and is technically the superior line up of chips however if you need the 6 cores or higher of haswell-e then it is the best option

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

just like how intel has been progressing lately, each new gen is 5-10% better per core. Skylate will just be abit better then haswell per core, but the 6-8 cores on haswell-e obviously will beat current skylake cpus

Skylake is 20% better than haswell just an FYI

Intel Core i5 - 6400 <> Msi B150A Gaming Pro <> Msi Gtx 970 Gaming <> G.Skill Ripjaw 4 16Gb DDR4 2400mhz

<> Corsair CX500M <> 160 & 250 Seagate HDD <> Aerocool Strike X (Casing) <>

Look I want to build a new gaming computer I decided that the GPU would be a 980ti and that I would get 16gb of ddr4, i want my computer to last for long so do u think I should buy a CPU now and if yes please suggest one or I wait for Intel to release new CPUs.

I want to game at max setting minimum 2k with 60fps on games like fallout 4. Sorry for disturbing.

You really shouldn't try to compare how much "better" one is than the other. They are designed and priced to service different parts of the market. Today's Skylake chips don't directly replace a 12- or 16-threaded Haswell-E Core i7 for the people who actually need them. Better to compare Haswell to Skylake, and Skylake-E will be more directly comparable to Haswell-E.

That said, it's not technically true that Haswell-E is better in everything except power draw. Skylake has slightly better per-core and per-clock performance. The Z170 chipset also has some improvements over X99, as well… namely in the PCIe connectivity coming from the chipset.