Internet sharing from my wireless media pc

This is the idea I'm having and would like some assistance to make sure this all works before I attempt to put all the time into setting it up. First the hardware:

I have an Asus RT-AC66u router back in the large bedroom I use as my computer room. This is where most of my hardware sits, and where friends hook up when they come over. Out in my living room I have a media center pc that has an Asus PCE-AC68 wireless card that has a 3-way external antenna. This antenna works great, getting about 64MB/s transfer speeds from my desktop to my Drobo thats connected to the media center PC via USB3. I recently got a Shield TV and was looking to try to stream 1080p 60fps from my main desktop in the room, but I'm afraid the shield's internal antennas won't get that great of connection.

I'm thinking about trying to use the media center's ethernet to connect to the shield or at best case to a switch and connect my receiver, PS4, and TV into it also. I'm kinda worried that Internet Connection Sharing might present bugs. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

This is the idea I'm having and would like some assistance to make sure this all works before I attempt to put all the time into setting it up. First the hardware:

I have an Asus RT-AC66u router back in the large bedroom I use as my computer room. This is where most of my hardware sits, and where friends hook up when they come over. Out in my living room I have a media center pc that has an Asus PCE-AC68 wireless card that has a 3-way external antenna. This antenna works great, getting about 64MB/s transfer speeds from my desktop to my Drobo thats connected to the media center PC via USB3. I recently got a Shield TV and was looking to try to stream 1080p 60fps from my main desktop in the room, but I'm afraid the shield's internal antennas won't get that great of connection.

I'm thinking about trying to use the media center's ethernet to connect to the shield or at best case to a switch and connect my receiver, PS4, and TV into it also. I'm kinda worried that Internet Connection Sharing might present bugs. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Bridging connections is pretty common and I never really here any issues regarding it. It's really no different than a switch, just making your Wi-Fi connection work with devices connected via ethernet.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

right click on your wireless adaptor in network connections, right click properties, click sharing tab click allow other network users to connect through this computer.

then use an ethernet cable to connect the 2 devices and that should work.

i used an old netbook in that situation to get internet to my sky STB, and worked fine for about a year.

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

If you're sharing from WiFi to your Ethernet port as a bridge, there should be no issues. 

The machine will have to be on at all times, or the other devices wont have a network, but i've used network sharing pretty often without issue. I currently have an iMac sharing it's wifi connection with a windows 10 computer, so it's pretty universal.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!