Memory problems

Necrodead

I have a kit of 2x8GB 2400mhz 1.65v Gskill Trident X in my system (asrock Z97e, 4960k) and I have tried running at 2400, 1600 and 1333 and it still BSOD with a memory failure occasionally while gaming. I've run the memory diagnostic and also a few hours of Intel memory stability testing and everything comes back clean. I've read I could try to boost the voltage a bit to help stability, but if its running at 1600 it should be fine with 1.65v I should think? It actually seems the most stable while running with XMP settings at 2400.

I just wanted to see what people think before I go out and spend another $150 on DD3, which I loath to do at this point. CPU is not overclocked, and while I know what I'm doing in that part of the BIOS, I've never bothered overclocking ram as it offers such little benefit. At this point I cannot RMA as they are over a year old. I origionally put them in a different system and thought it was a compatibility issue, but now it seems it must be the ram even though all tests say otherwise.

And if I do buy new memory, should I cheap out and go for Hyper X or is getting Dominator platinums worth the premium? 

I have a kit of 2x8GB 2400mhz 1.65v Gskill Trident X in my system (asrock Z97e, 4960k) and I have tried running at 2400, 1600 and 1333 and it still BSOD with a memory failure occasionally while gaming. I've run the memory diagnostic and also a few hours of Intel memory stability testing and everything comes back clean. I've read I could try to boost the voltage a bit to help stability, but if its running at 1600 it should be fine with 1.65v I should think? It actually seems the most stable while running with XMP settings at 2400.

I just wanted to see what people think before I go out and spend another $150 on DD3, which I loath to do at this point. CPU is not overclocked, and while I know what I'm doing in that part of the BIOS, I've never bothered overclocking ram as it offers such little benefit. At this point I cannot RMA as they are over a year old. I origionally put them in a different system and thought it was a compatibility issue, but now it seems it must be the ram even though all tests say otherwise.

And if I do buy new memory, should I cheap out and go for Hyper X or is getting Dominator platinums worth the premium? 

weird. here in singapore, kingstons get lifetime warranty. even their KVRs, provided you got them from the main distro, convergent.

HyperX cheap? wow, buddy. I feel poor in comparison, lol. Im perfectly happy with my 1333 KVR, i can tell the difference with a my lil bro's rig with its 2133 gskills, but guy of my needs, i feel the price premium between his ram and mine to be not worth it.

weird. here in singapore, kingstons get lifetime warranty. even their KVRs, provided you got them from the main distro, convergent.

HyperX cheap? wow, buddy. I feel poor in comparison, lol. Im perfectly happy with my 1333 KVR, i can tell the difference with a my lil bro's rig with its 2133 gskills, but guy of my needs, i feel the price premium between his ram and mine to be not worth it.

well, 'cheap' as in 'cheaper' it was on sale for $89.99 this week. I make minimum wage here, I'm not rolling in dough. Maybe I'll check out the warrenty on theese but I've actually painted them soo... yeah...

And I didn't mean speed, just relaibility, both dominators and hyper X's were 1600, but the hyper x had some bad reviews and the dominator didn't have any negitive reviews. (on newegg)

well, 'cheap' as in 'cheaper' it was on sale for $89.99 this week. I make minimum wage here, I'm not rolling in dough. Maybe I'll check out the warrenty on theese but I've actually painted them soo... yeah...

And I didn't mean speed, just relaibility, both dominators and hyper X's were 1600, but the hyper x had some bad reviews and the dominator didn't have any negitive reviews. (on newegg)

for me, ram is ram if the clock speeds x latency is similar. the deciding factor for me would be warranty support. If your kingston rep rejects the return, then i guess that gives you an idea what your next ram will be.

for me, ram is ram if the clock speeds x latency is similar. the deciding factor for me would be warranty support. If your kingston rep rejects the return, then i guess that gives you an idea what your next ram will be.

Thanks for the input.