MSI GTX 980ti micro-stuttering, please help..

MichelleS
Go to solution Solved by MichelleS,

OK, so good news and not but more good than not. I upgraded from 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro and then ran the bcdedit commands and then ran the games that I play. At 30hz no stuttering at all regardless of graphics setting, however, at 60hz it isn't playable. Could this be the monitor or maybe cable?

http://imgur.com/a/Rf0Mh

So here are the read outs from MSI Afterburner from GTA on high graphics, GTA on low graphics, and WoW on high graphics. In each game I experience the micro-stuttering regardless of graphics settings.

I need Frametime information. That way we can see what kind of microstuttering you have and how severe it is. It will tell us if its the monitor or not, because it measures frametime at game engine level (contrary to FCAT that measures frametime at the monitor output) . Go to settings > monitoring and tick Frametime.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

I need Frametime information. That way we can see what kind of microstuttering you have and how severe it is. It will tell us if its the monitor or not, because it measures frametime at game engine level (contrary to FCAT that measures frametime at the monitor output) . Go to settings > monitoring and tick Frametime.

Sorry but in the latest version of MSI Afterburner there is no setting called "Frametime". :(

Sorry but in the latest version of MSI Afterburner there is no setting called "Frametime". :(

Are you sure? That's weird. I don't have the latest version, so idk. You can use EVGA Precision X instead. It works just like MSI Afterburner. Or Fraps. If you have Fraps go to the FPS tab, tick Frametimes under the Benchmark Settings and when you press benchmarking hotkey it will record frame times and write them to a file, which you can use to plot a graph, or upload the file and I'll do it for you.

It's actually even better to use Fraps, as it gives more information and you can make a better graph than Afterburner.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz