Help me choose a set of headphones! Audiophiles out there~

Lukiose

Looking for a good set of headphones to replace my Creative Draco HS-850s complete my rig fully this time :D

I am looking for a headset that provides audio with great depth and comfortable at the same time. The sound from a cheap Draco HS-850 is not bad for it's price, but is too hollow for a immersive experience. The pressure of the headset also causes discomfort to the ears after prolonged usage :(

Requirements:

-Excellent Sound Quality (As high as possible) *Important!

-Comfortable

-Removeable/Retractable Mic *Important~ (I wanna use it with a phone on public transit :P)

Currently looking at a Steelseries Siberia v2 Frost Blue as it fits my white blue NZXT Phantom 410 perfectly and reviews of it so far has been excellent. [it supposedly has a built-in sound card?].

Budget is around USD$120~

One of the best pairs of headphones you can get for ~$120 are the Grado SR-80i's, but it seems that you might be looking for a headset.

One of the best pairs of headphones you can get for ~$120 are the Grado SR-80i's, but it seems that you might be looking for a headset.
Oops, yes i might be looking for a headset. Is the sound quality much better on Pure-Audio headphones? If it is i may consider just getting an additional clip-on mic.

Headsets with retractable microphones aren't all that common. SteelSeries makes a couple of models, of which the V2 falls into your price range and does not rely on USB connectivity. Plantronics also made a Gamecom 367 which I owned, unfortunately headsets for use at your computer often come with ridiculously long cables making them unsuitable for daily use. Buying a real pair of audiophile quality headphones and a separate mic will, in my opinion, provide you a better overall solution in terms of sound quality.

Another 2 excellent pairs of headphones in your price range that you might care to look into are the Audio Technica ATH-M50's and the Koss PortaPro. All three that I have recommended are very well regarded.

you just put Audio technica ATH-M50 and koss portapro in the same sentence in a recomendation.. you sir just blew my fucking mind

I second the suggestions appearingly made by a fellow head-fier.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

The V2's would not be considered audiophile, though I haven't heard bad things about them from gamers. Current favorites to recommend are the AD700 with a stand alone mic, like a Zalman clip or a desktop mic. But for your price and what it sounds like, the V2s should be fine.