Paid for GTX970 but didn't get it

no_clntrol

This thursday I bought the GTX970 online when it was 35% off, transaction succeeded and my money was gone, but I never got a mail/text about my order going through. Contacted them on their FB page about it and they said they didn't have any orders in my name, and told me to contact their customer support via mail. My question is, what should I be expecting from them, and what can I as a customer do? Will I get the money refunded or the GPU I ordered?

Is this the text below my post?

Where did you buy it? Do you have any proof of purchase?

The swedish site Webhallen, it is one of our biggest retailers of IT-stuff. I have a screenshot of my web history with the transaction security procedure and "Thanks for your order" message. Also a screenshot of the transaction going through.

Show them the screenshots, if they refuse to acknowledge your purchase, contact your bank/credit card company and file a chargeback

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

The swedish site Webhallen, it is one of our biggest retailers of IT-stuff. I have a screenshot of my web history with the transaction security procedure and "Thanks for your order" message. Also a screenshot of the transaction going through.

I have no experience with them as I'm not from there. Have you shown the proof to them? I don't think a screenshot would be a valid enough proof though

This thursday I bought the GTX970 online when it was 35% off, transaction succeeded and my money was gone, but I never got a mail/text about my order going through. Contacted them on their FB page about it and they said they didn't have any orders in my name, and told me to contact their customer support via mail. My question is, what should I be expecting from them, and what can I as a customer do? Will I get the money refunded or the GPU I ordered?

Didn't you get a serial number linked to the order or anything?

In any case, make sure to make a screenshot of your transaction history to send to their customer service and a screenshot of the money going off your account to their account.

Should be resolved pretty easily if you can provide both these screenshots, they're legally obligated to give you the product or return you your money.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

I have no experience with them as I'm not from there. Have you shown the proof to them? I don't think a screenshot would be a valid enough proof though

I did show it and he did not seem to doubt my purchase, at all. You know of any other cases where this has happened?

If there was a glitch during the process, they probably don't have your order. The money transfer needs to go though for them to notice it, which will take a few days. They won't find a matching order and deny the transfer and after a few more days it'll return to your bank account. The transfer might also time-out even before all this.

You should definitely contact them via email. Just so you have done that. Also get the receipt for the transaction from your web bank. It'll have all the dates and times necessary for further actions. 

I worked in online retail for years and this kind of stuff happens all the time. Like daily. Don't worry.

Didn't you get a serial number linked to the order or anything?

In any case, make sure to make a screenshot of your transaction history to send to their customer service and a screenshot of the money going off your account to their account.

Should be resolved pretty easily if you can provide both these screenshots, they're legally obligated to give you the product or return you your money.

I am pretty sure I did, but I cannot access it from my history and I did not save it since I thought I'd never need it.

Do you know if the law favors the customer getting the product, or money back?

If there was a glitch during the process, they probably don't have your order. The money transfer needs to go though for them to notice it, which will take a few days. They won't find a matching order and deny the transfer and after a few more days it'll return to your bank account. The transfer might also time-out even before all this.

You should definitely contact them via email. Just so you have done that. Also get the receipt for the transaction from your web bank. It'll have all the dates and times necessary for further actions.

I worked in online retail for years and this kind of stuff happens all the time. Like daily. Don't worry.

Yeah I've contacted them via mail already. But the procedure was smooth as butter and it literally said "Thanks for your order." Order was placed around 4pm this thursday, and I asked them about it yesterday, so it should've notified them someway imo.

I am pretty sure I did, but I cannot access it from my history and I did not save it since I thought I'd never need it.

Do you know if the law favors the customer getting the product, or money back?

If they have no evidence of the order and therefore can't make the invoice, then by law the money should be reimbursed as it would've entered their account without reason and has to be considered as a mistake. Happens all the time with my clients, they won't make a big deal out of it if they have no proof of a purchase.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

If they have no evidence of the order and therefore can't make the invoice, then by law the money should be reimbursed as it would've entered their account without reason and has to be considered as a mistake. Happens all the time with my clients, they won't make a big deal out of it if they have no proof of a purchase.

On the screenshot of my history, it goes straight from the product, to the checkout, then payment via online bank and last but not least my placed order with the "Thank you" message. Viewing the links from those sites I found all my information (Full name, adress, zip code, phone numbers and mail adress). One of the links also stated that I had accepted the terms and conditions and what not. Could this along with the bank transaction be enough proof? I am just so frustrated and want my damn card, not a refund..

Yeah I've contacted them via mail already. But the procedure was smooth as butter and it literally said "Thanks for your order." Order was placed around 4pm this thursday, and I asked them about it yesterday, so it should've notified them someway imo.

I'd actually be surprised if it was that fast. People between companies (Webhallen, their bank, whoever manages their accounts and so on) discuss via email. Realistically, if you're sending an email to someone in another company there's very little hope of getting a response during that day. Unless it's quiet season, which holiday season really isn't. :) And since yesterday was saturday, It's more than likely the necessary people weren't even at work and won't be until Monday. I trust this'll all work out. It just takes time.

You should play the 'unsatisfied customer'-card and demand the GPU at even more reduced price. Or rather that you get a voucher or something extra. Since there's already trouble with the transaction it'd likely be too much hassle to start messing with the amount of it too.

I'd actually be surprised if it was that fast. People between companies (Webhallen, their bank, whoever manages their accounts and so on) discuss via email. Realistically, if you're sending an email to someone in another company there's very little hope of getting a response during that day. Unless it's quiet season, which holiday season really isn't. :) And since yesterday was saturday, It's more than likely the necessary people weren't even at work and won't be until Monday. I trust this'll all work out. It just takes time.

You should play the 'unsatisfied customer'-card and demand the GPU at even more reduced price. Or rather that you get a voucher or something extra. Since there's already trouble with the transaction it'd likely be too much hassle to start messing with the amount of it too.

Seems reasonable, the person I contacted through FB also said that the necessary people wouldn't be there until monday.

Well, I might not pressure them on an even lower price, but I am in fact playing without a mousepad *Wink wink*.

On a more serious note, thanks for the help! I feel a relief of astronomical size.