Troubleshooting damaged component help

Hey

I'm looking for somebody who knows a good troubleshooting method for hardware failure, which doesn't include replacing hardware. 

I've tried a maybe little harsh BCLK overclock. I made a 25% increase, and made it work by increasing the voltage on the VCORE, PLL, CPUVTT and RAM quite a bit. But I've a good CPU cooler, so my CPU went on about 90 Degre celsius, when testing in Prime95 for approx. 15 min. I concluded that is was fairly stable, and then I further tested the OC in BurninTest and 3Dmark. No failures or excessive high temps occured. 
After using my computer for some weeks with that Clock I think I could smell something burned. I then turned my clock and voltages back to standards. 1 day after I turned the clock back I experienced a "Blue Screen of Death", and then I'm pretty sure that it's a Hardware failure after my OC.

I'm not that type of person who has a lot of old working hardware lying around, so I'm searching for a method/way to troubleshoot which component I've damaged.

I hope some of you are able to help :)

Thanks you

Intel Core i7 3820 3.6GHz

Asus Motherboard P9 X79 Pro

EVGA Geforce 980 Ti

Corsair Vengance 4x4Gb 1600MHz

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

try a cmos reset first.

Can you explain how it can help when I've set everything back to default? 

And thanks for the quick answer :)

Hey

I'm looking for somebody who knows a good troubleshooting method for hardware failure, which doesn't include replacing hardware. 

I've tried a maybe little harsh BCLK overclock. I made a 25% increase, and made it work by increasing the voltage on the VCORE, PLL, CPUVTT and RAM quite a bit. But I've a good CPU cooler, so my CPU went on about 90 Degre celsius, when testing in Prime95 for approx. 15 min. I concluded that is was fairly stable, and then I further tested the OC in BurninTest and 3Dmark. No failures or excessive high temps occured. 

After using my computer for some weeks with that Clock I think I could smell something burned. I then turned my clock and voltages back to standards. 1 day after I turned the clock back I experienced a "Blue Screen of Death", and then I'm pretty sure that it's a Hardware failure after my OC.

I'm not that type of person who has a lot of old working hardware lying around, so I'm searching for a method/way to troubleshoot which component I've damaged.

I hope some of you are able to help :)

Thanks you

How much of a voltage increase did you use?

It's not a race to the bottom.

How much of a voltage increase did you use?

voltages:

Vcore = 1.435V

CPUPLL = 1.900V

VTTCPU = 1.1500V

DRAM = 1.670V

DRAM standard = 1.500V

VCORE standard = 1.264V

I cant remember the other standards atm.

It would be nice if you told us your system specs :P

Yep a real newbie mistake xD I've updated the first post :)