Weird booting problem

Cigam
Go to solution Solved by HPWebcamAble,

A few days ago my computer was running fine, I left it on while I had a nap and when I got back it was still on but it was unresponsive and it was beeping every few seconds. It now starts to boot into windows and it then freezes in the middle of booting and gets a single multicolored line across the top of the screen.

I took out my sound card, switched out my graphics card and tested my RAM for memory errors, none of them were the issue. I also made a USB with Ubuntu on it to see if that would boot and it started to boot but then was stuck on a black screen.

My motherboard has a small 2 digit display for debuging, when booting into Windows on my SSD or Ubuntu on the USB it gets stuck in A0 (IDE initialization is started) but from that I've googled that's normal.

Any ideas about what the problem might be? I have no idea where to go from here.

Unplug the computer and hold the power button for a second, then plug it back in and try to turn it on

If that doesn't work try resetting the CMOS

A few days ago my computer was running fine, I left it on while I had a nap and when I got back it was still on but it was unresponsive and it was beeping every few seconds. It now starts to boot into windows and it then freezes in the middle of booting and gets a single multicolored line across the top of the screen.

I took out my sound card, switched out my graphics card and tested my RAM for memory errors, none of them were the issue. I also made a USB with Ubuntu on it to see if that would boot and it started to boot but then was stuck on a black screen.

My motherboard has a small 2 digit display for debuging, when booting into Windows on my SSD or Ubuntu on the USB it gets stuck in A0 (IDE initialization is started) but from that I've googled that's normal.

Any ideas about what the problem might be? I have no idea where to go from here.

Unplug the computer and hold the power button for a second, then plug it back in and try to turn it on

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

Thank you! I never thought about resetting the CMOS, you saved me hours of more frustration.

I was too focused on it being a hardware problem