Question about MX Blues

Zeako_

So I really want To get the new Corsair Strafe RGB in MX Blues but I tend to do a lot of livestreaming and recording while using keyboard. So I'm not sure if it will get annoying.

My question is can I use O rings to dampen the sound a good bit ?

O-rings will only dampen the cap bottoming out noises. Audible click will still be present.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

O-Rings will not dampen the sounds of the little ring it has at all. It will only lessen the sound of when the keycap hits the bottom. O-Rings also lessen the travel distance of the keycap bottoming out. I would get some quiet membrane keyboard to use when streaming and use the Strafe for all other times.

So I really want To get the new Corsair Strafe RGB in MX Blues but I tend to do a lot of livestreaming and recording while using keyboard. So I'm not sure if it will get annoying.

My question is can I use O rings to dampen the sound a good bit ?

O rings will not completely silent them

Could always get browns whichh are quiete or get a cheap quiet membrane keyboard to use just while streaming

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

O-Rings will not dampen the sounds of the little ring it has at all. It will only lessen the sound of when the keycap hits the bottom. O-Rings also lessen the travel distance of the keycap bottoming out. I would get some quiet membrane keyboard to use when streaming and use the Strafe for all other times.

Would Browns get annoying while streaming ?

Could always get browns which are quiet or get a cheap quiet membrane keyboard to use just while streaming

I've been trying to decide what type of cherry MX keys to get. You may have convinced me. Do you have browns? 

Windows 10 is now MSX! http://linustechtips...ndows-10/page-6 ....................

I've been trying to decide what type of cherry MX keys to get. You may have convinced me. Do you have browns? 

Yeah

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The tactile bump of brown is so light that when typing fast it's unnoticable. I prefer Ergo Clear.

The tactile bump of brown is so light that when typing fast it's unnoticable. I prefer Ergo Clear.

Yeah

I guess it would be best for me to go to a store and try them out myself. 

Windows 10 is now MSX! http://linustechtips...ndows-10/page-6 ....................

could just put the keyboard behind your mic. ive got a friend who uses blues, i never hear them through his mic.

although i have another friend who uses browns and i can hear his cuz he shakes his whole damn desk when he types...

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

I guess it would be best for me to go to a store and try them out myself. 

deffo go and try them

could just put the keyboard behind your mic. ive got a friend who uses blues, i never hear them through his mic.

although i have another friend who uses browns and i can hear his cuz he shakes his whole damn desk when he types...

Thanks I might look into that I have a blue snowball so will that be fine ?

Thanks I might look into that I have a blue snowball so will that be fine ?

great mic. i dont remember if its omni or uni-directional though.  you can test it by getting into a skype call with somebody though. position your mic where its in front of your keyboard, but not in your way and ask if the person you're on skype with can hear it or not

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.