PSU wiring order

notenoughtv

So I have a question. A PCIe 6pin connector has 3 black wires and 3 yellow wires. Does the position of let's say yellow wire #1 and yellow wire #2 matter or are they the same and don't.

I wonder because I'm sleeving my PSU and there is not a pattern I can see clearly on the yellow wires. The black ones are a bigger mess since there are 2 cables in 1 pin on the PSU end.

I hope I explained myself correctly.

I would like to change the order of some of the yellow wires so they don't cross each other

As long as there's a 12 V wire (yellow) where there's supposed to be one, it

shouldn't matter which one it is, same goes for the ground wires.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

So I have a question. A PCIe 6pin connector has 3 black wires and 3 yellow wires. Does the position of let's say yellow wire #1 and yellow wire #2 matter or are they the same and don't.

I wonder because I'm sleeving my PSU and there is not a pattern I can see clearly on the yellow wires. The black ones are a bigger mess since there are 2 cables in 1 pin on the PSU end.

I hope I explained myself correctly.

I would like to change the order of some of the yellow wires so they don't cross each other

no they are all on the same bus.. the yellow 12+ and the 12v- are in a gang if wired

on a single rail. if single rail, yellow position on the plug is mute.. same for black.

just make sure the yellow and blacks are in original "plane"

airdeano