Cpu Problems ?

Go to solution Solved by FAQBytes,

This CPU usage is normal, especially when using windows. You pretty much answer your own question:

"Ive got an i5 4690k overclocked to 4.3 Ghz and its running fine and stable, i mostly play very demanding games like witcher 3 but my cpu is sometimes maxing out over 90% when i play such titles, it idles completly normal when im on my desktop or in my browser and soon as i play a game it maxes out to 90% (or above) and goes down, up, down, and im not sure if this is right because most games are not that cpu intensive."

Since you overclocked your CPU, it will definitely report (in my experience) what might seem high. I addition, you are playing intensive games, and you are only reaching 90%, and bounces around. Completely normal. Some scenes are harder than others on the CPU.

An OC 4690k will not bottleneck pretty much anything for a while to come. 90% is not a bottleneck since it isn't maxed out.

Tl;Dr: You're good.

Ive got an i5 4690k overclocked to 4.3 Ghz and its running fine and stable, i mostly play very demanding games like witcher 3 but my cpu is sometimes maxing out over 90% when i play such titles, it idles completly normal when im on my desktop or in my browser and soon as i play a game it maxes out to 90% (or above) and goes down, up, down, and im not sure if this is right because most games are not that cpu intensive.

My question is if this is alright or if my cpu is bottlenecking anything in my system. In my opinion i cant see any fps drops when im ingame or something like that but i wanted to ask if cpu usage like that in games without having tasks running in the background is normal ?

This CPU usage is normal, especially when using windows. You pretty much answer your own question:

"Ive got an i5 4690k overclocked to 4.3 Ghz and its running fine and stable, i mostly play very demanding games like witcher 3 but my cpu is sometimes maxing out over 90% when i play such titles, it idles completly normal when im on my desktop or in my browser and soon as i play a game it maxes out to 90% (or above) and goes down, up, down, and im not sure if this is right because most games are not that cpu intensive."

Since you overclocked your CPU, it will definitely report (in my experience) what might seem high. I addition, you are playing intensive games, and you are only reaching 90%, and bounces around. Completely normal. Some scenes are harder than others on the CPU.

An OC 4690k will not bottleneck pretty much anything for a while to come. 90% is not a bottleneck since it isn't maxed out.

Tl;Dr: You're good.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb