New device.

Mr_Daniello

Hi there everybody.

My old phone is already on the verge of withstanding so it's time to think of a new one. And here the question is asked. Which platform to choose? On my old phone android runs like crap (probably small amount of RAM. Only 1GB and snapdragon 410). I was thinking on two devices:
-Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 (4.7-inch)
-Microsoft Lumia 640 XL DS
All the time my thoughts revolve around Lumina. Never had a smartphone with Windows Phone. But I do not know how it is with applications on this platform. Can someone write something on this subject (as with applications, system stability, updates, etc.)?
On the other hand, Alcatel is on android. 5.5 inch version has a Snapdragon 615 and 2GB of RAM, so in theory should walk quickly and smoothly (I heard that 615 is not significantly different from 410. I may be wrong)

So, which phone would You choose?

Thanks for any interest.
Peace.

Sorry for my low english, but I'm trying my best  ;)

| MOBO: Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1 || CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K || COOLER: Thermaltake HR-02 Macho Rev. B || RAM: 2x Patriot Signature DDR3 4GB 1333MHz CL9 || GPU: Msi GeForce GTX 750 TI Oc || PSU: Ocz StealthXStream 2 600W || STORAGE: Segate Barracuda 1 TB || CASE: Corsair Carbide Series 300R | 

If I was buying a new phone right now it'd be the LG V10

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

I would buy an Iphone 6s. (cuz i got one)^

But otherwise out of your two option Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3>Microsoft Lumia 640 XL DS imo

edit: rudeness out

My Rig: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

If I was buying a new phone right now it'd be the LG V10

I've heard about that LG but price is too high for me.

I would buy an Iphone 6s. (cuz i got one)

But otherwise out of your two option Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3>Microsoft Lumia 640 XL DS imo

Can You give me specific details of why lumia over Idol? I heard that the WP has some deficiencies in applications (particularly care about Youtube. Others are not so needed me)

Sorry for my low english, but I'm trying my best  ;)

| MOBO: Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1 || CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K || COOLER: Thermaltake HR-02 Macho Rev. B || RAM: 2x Patriot Signature DDR3 4GB 1333MHz CL9 || GPU: Msi GeForce GTX 750 TI Oc || PSU: Ocz StealthXStream 2 600W || STORAGE: Segate Barracuda 1 TB || CASE: Corsair Carbide Series 300R | 

As an android fan, I'd say the Lumia. The Lumia 532 that I tested for a week was much quicker than the same Android phone in its price range (Xperia E1), and ran brilliantly. The app ecosystem is a big issue, stuff like Snapchat, Soundcloud and Steam don't have native apps for the platform (but there is fan-made apps). Windows Phone is easy to get used to (my grandpa with a Pentium 4 machine can use it :)) and feels fluid and smooth with no noticeable slowdowns when I used it. My device had a Snapdragon 200 quad-core and 1GB of RAM. The 640 would perform a hell of a lot better. 

idk