What should i set my fans at?

Cvdasfg

Right now I have one side of my TX 10 build done. It includes three front silent wings 2 fan (channel 1) one back silent wing 2 ( channel 2) and 5 HDD/SSD silent wings 2 ( channel three). Any suggestions on what speed to set them at? They are not PWM so I have to do it manually with my fan controller. Kinda clueless on what to do and what speeds. 

Have this fan controller http://www.lamptron.com/product/controllers/cw611/

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

Set them to medium speed and see what the temps are like. Then change the speeds based on the temps.

Probably a giveaway or something, they're your fans for a reason m8, appreciate their support!

Top kek.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Set your fans to chant your name
Might be hard:
CVDASFG CVDASFG CVDASFG 
then you should probabily shout something like:
HELLO USA! ARE YOU HAVING FUN?

tbh really mine are @ 100% all the time

why not?

If you care 'bout noise then first answer is probabily what you wanna do

To repeat myself, once again: performance isn't the only thing that matters to many people.

Absent a fog generator (or stealing your little brothers cigarettes), figure out the cfm of your fans at the various settings, and move enough air into the case at the front and bottom to create positive pressure for the exhaust fans in the back and top.

Start on lowest settings and work your way up until you are happy with the temps, or unhappy with the noise.

Folding For Linus since July 2015

Absent a fog generator (or stealing your little brothers cigarettes), figure out the cfm of your fans at the various settings, and move enough air into the case at the front and bottom to create positive pressure for the exhaust fans in the back and top.

Start on lowest settings and work your way up until you are happy with the temps, or unhappy with the noise.

How would one figure out said cfm?

Set your fans to chant your name

Might be hard:

CVDASFG CVDASFG CVDASFG 

then you should probabily shout something like:

HELLO USA! ARE YOU HAVING FUN?

tbh really mine are @ 100% all the time

why not?

If you care 'bout noise then first answer is probabily what you wanna do

Lol laughed to hard at this.

Set them to medium speed and see what the temps are like. Then change the speeds based on the temps.

Ok ill give that a try

What about the voltages? wont my fan controller over volt the fans if i put it to "100%" So wouldnt the fans at 100% really be much less on the fan controller? 

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

Personally I undervolt one of the fans in my rig (I did it the ghetto way - if you know what that is) cause I like my rig to be quiet and my temps are still perfectly fine.

It depends on your preferences. If you'd like your rig to be quiet, then undervolt some of your fans. If you want PERFORMANCE PERFORMANCE PERFORMANCE then max those fans out at 100%.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

How would one figure out said cfm?

The spec sheets on most fans will list the speeds and CFM at their standard setting(s).  If you are using a controller that can dial them in to any speed, then you'll have to know their RPM (which is another tool that I don't have - an RPM meter), to figure out their CFM - there's a formula out there for that, but I'm already above my pay grade.

The easiest way is to use their baseline CFM values, to determine default airflow, then dial them all up or down the same amounts to keep them scaling the same.

Personally I undervolt one of the fans in my rig (I did it the ghetto way - if you know what that is) cause I like my rig to be quiet and my temps are still perfectly fine.

It depends on your preferences. If you'd like your rig to be quiet, then undervolt some of your fans. If you want PERFORMANCE PERFORMANCE PERFORMANCE then max those fans out at 100%.

Lol, my media center has a ghetto dual fan hookup - I just converted a standard fan plug into a serial splitter, so they both run at 50% voltage.  They are practically silent.

The spec sheets on most fans will list the speeds and CFM at their standard setting(s).  If you are using a controller that can dial them in to any speed, then you'll have to know their RPM (which is another tool that I don't have - an RPM meter), to figure out their CFM - there's a formula out there for that, but I'm already above my pay grade.

The easiest way is to use their baseline CFM values, to determine default airflow, then dial them all up or down the same amounts to keep them scaling the same.

Lol, my media center has a ghetto dual fan hookup - I just converted a standard fan plug into a serial splitter, so they both run at 50% voltage.  They are practically silent.

Quick question. If i set my fan controller to lets say 800rpm on channel 1 ( 3 fans) Does each fan do 800rpm? Or does it split 800rpm into three ?

Quick question. If i set my fan controller to lets say 800rpm on channel 1 ( 3 fans) Does each fan do 800rpm? Or does it split 800rpm into three ?

If they are in parallel (and they should be), they should each be at 800rpm

A bit of fan background might help (but probably won't, lol):

The silent wings 2 fans are "PWM" fans, that is, "Pulse Width Modulation" fans.  Their speed is controlled by the signal on their 4th wire, which tells them how often to activate the fan motor.  The motors still run at 12V, they just don't run continuously (except at full speed).  The fans modulate their speed by being switched on and off very quickly many times per second.  To lower the speed, the fans spend relatively more time in the off vs on mode, and to raise the speed, they increase their "on" time.  

I'm assuming you have the proper controller for these fans, so they will all respond correctly to the controller's settings, but it's best to be explicit so there are not any gotchas later on.

They make PWM controllers for non-PWM fans, and as far as I know you should *NOT* be using a PWM controller with (your) PWM fans.

A bit of fan background might help (but probably won't, lol):

The silent wings 2 fans are "PWM" fans, that is, "Pulse Width Modulation" fans.  Their speed is controlled by the signal on their 4th wire, which tells them how often to activate the fan motor.  The motors still run at 12V, they just don't run continuously (except at full speed).  The fans modulate their speed by being switched on and off very quickly many times per second.  To lower the speed, the fans spend relatively more time in the off vs on mode, and to raise the speed, they increase their "on" time.  

I'm assuming you have the proper controller for these fans, so they will all respond correctly to the controller's settings, but it's best to be explicit so there are not any gotchas later on.

They make PWM controllers for non-PWM fans, and as far as I know you should *NOT* be using a PWM controller with (your) PWM fans.

I got the none pwm version of silent wings 2

Ahhh, didn't see those - then a PWM fan controller would be ideal for those - same idea as a PWM fan, but the controller has the PWM part.