Need help buying new Heat Sink

TrevorsGamez

My computer spec are: CPU- Intel Core i5 2400 @ 3.10GHz  Ram: Kingston 2x 8.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz  Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z77-DS3H  GFX's: 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti  Storage: 1397GB Seagate & 931GB Seagate BUP Slim.       I currently have a stock heat sink, and of course it's giving me problems, had the comp for about 2 years now, and have upgraded over the years, I should of gotten a new heat sink years ago but just put it off to the side, now I need a new one. I'm not sure which one will fit my cpu, any help please?

I'd go with the cooler master hyper t2, it's so cheap- only 15$, it cools very well, and is so incredibly easy to install. I'm using one in my second system and it keeps the very hot Q6600 in it incredibly cool and absolutely silent.

EDIT: I want to emphasize how cool and quiet the Q6600 is with it, instead of idling at 42-48c with the stock cooler it idles at around 30c and never reaches much higher than 65c while stress testing, it is so incredibly quiet that through the very thin aluminum of the case you can't hear it- it literally takes you putting your ear up to the system to hear it, which what you're hearing may just be one of the two other system fans.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

I'd go with the cooler master hyper t2, it's so cheap- only 15$, it cools very well, and is so incredibly easy to install. I'm using one in my second system and it keeps the very hot Q6600 in it incredibly cool and absolutely silent.

EDIT: I want to emphasize how cool and quiet the Q6600 is with it, instead of idling at 42-48c with the stock cooler it idles at around 30c and never reaches much higher than 65c while stress testing, it is so incredibly quiet that through the very thin aluminum of the case you can't hear it- it literally takes you putting your ear up to the system to hear it, which what you're hearing may just be one of the two other system fans.

Can confirm, Cooler Master's tower coolers are extremely good for the price, both in noise and cooling performance. Even their entry-level solutions.

My own Q6600 has a Xigmatek Janus, which does the job, but still...

Its giving you problems? You do not have an overclockable chip, so you shouldnt need a huge cooler. Have you tried reapplying the thermal paste?

Yes I have about 6 months ago I re did the thermal paste :) and it's mostly giving me problems on SC2 when I play it overheats and crashes my computer....

Thankyou very much definatley will check it out :)